Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
One of my favourite kind of foods Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. Easy, delicious and versatile!
This style of low carb chicken carnitas really is one of my favourite foods to prepare and eat. I have been making this for decades and enjoying as is, in enchiladas, nachos, tacos, soup and even pasta.
Our Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken is made very saucy. Almost soupy. I like it this way as it remains moist but gives you more options in the way to eat it. Personally I do love it straight up like this with just a little diced avocado thrown in. So let’s look at what is in it.
- 3 chicken breast skin off, left whole
- 2 tbsp Keto Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 100 g butter
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp jalapeños
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh grated cheese
Making Instant Pot® Mexican Shredded Chicken
While I have included Instant Pot® instructions in the recipe, you can use any pressure cooker or even slow cook this recipe. If using a slow cooker start with a 4 hour time on low. Check the chicken and extend time. Cooking time will vary from model to model. Plus the thickness of the breast pieces can affect the cooking time. The addition of butter does help immensely in not allowing the breast to dry out.
Thermomix® instructions have also been included. Check the chicken before shredding to ensure that it is indeed cooked all the way through.
This recipe can also be cooked on the stove top. Simply follow the instructions below.
Preheat oven to 180℃.
Season chicken and place in casserole dish with remaining ingredients. Cover with lid and place in oven.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Shred with two forks.
What to Serve with Mexican Shredded Chicken
As I mentioned previously, this recipe is perfect as is with a little diced avocado, fresh coriander and grated cheese. However, team this with our Soft Tacos and Easy Guacamole and you have a tasty soft taco. Or wrap it with some salad with our Cauliflower Wraps for a tasty kebab. So many options!
For more Instant Pot and Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Thai Panang Chicken Curry
- Easy Keto Beef Lasagna
- Keto Red Curry Chicken | Chiang Mai style
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup | Keto | Low carb recipe
- Keto Chilli Con Carne
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
INSTANT POT® METHOD
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the Instant Pot (or similar). Add remaining ingredients. Set to Pressure Cook/High/12 minutes.
- Natural Release for 5 minutes then Instant Release. Shred chicken with 2 forks. Serve wrapped in a low carb tortilla or however you want.
- Slice chicken breast into 3 long thick strips. Season with taco seasoning. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to mixer; cook 12 min/100°C/stir.
- Add seasoned chicken breast; cook 10 min/100°C/reverse/slowest speed/MC OFF/basket on top. Check that chicken is cooked through and extend time if needed. This will of course depend on the size of chicken breast.
- Remove chicken and cover to keep warm. Reduce sauce; 10 min/120°C/speed 2/cap off. Add chicken back to sauce shred chicken 5 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Preheat oven to 180℃ FAN/200°C STATIC/400°F.
- Season chicken and place into a casserole dish with remaining ingredients. Cover with lid. Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Shred with two forks.
Your Own Notes
Love keto cookbooks and recipes? Browse our store filled with over 20+ keto cookbook titles.