Keto Chicken Enchiladas
How do you make chicken low carb chicken enchiladas? With only the best of ingredients, that’s how! Using our incredible Keto Tortillas recipe, Keto Enchilada Sauce recipe and this mouthwatering chicken recipe these enchiladas are something else.
With all the right ingredients this is a quick and easy low carb dinner recipe that will make the whole family happy. If you struggle with making healthy recipes that excite you then try this dish. It really is a great meal and I am sure you are really going to love it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
So easy to make: These low carb chicken enchiladas have less than 10 ingredients and take only 15 minutes to prepare.
Flavour-packed! I love these enchiladas so much! Seriously, they are SUPER-TASTY!
Low in carbs – at only 2g net carbs this keto-friendly enchilada recipe will knock your socks off.
Family Friendly – enchiladas are always a winner for family dinners. This is a healthy option and in my opinion, better than takeout!
Freezer Friendly -make ahead, freeze for easy healthy freezer meals.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the quantity of each ingredient used in our low carb enchiladas recipe.
Keto Tortillas – I use either the Keto Tortillas recipe or my Keto Soft Wraps Premix. Other great options for low carb tortillas are our Keto Wraps recipe or you could use Mission Carb Balance Tortillas for readymade store-bought options.
Chicken – I use chicken breast fillets which you can swap to chicken thigh fillets if you prefer. Cooked shredded chicken can be stirred through the sauce and used as well.
Enchilada Sauce – my Enchilada Sauce recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare and is sooo worth it. In a pinch just mix some seasoning with tomato puree.
How to Make It
Saute onion – place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic, and taco seasoning; sauté until the onion is soft.
Cook chicken – add chicken; cook, turning, occasionally until the chicken is cooked through. Fold through 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce. Transfer to a bowl.
Preheat oven to 180°C fan/200°C static/350°F. Spoon 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the base of a 18 x 24 cm /7 x 10 inch baking pan.
Fill & Roll – Lay tortilla flat and fill with 2-3 tablespoons of chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and roll. Place seam-side down into the baking tray. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Bake – pour enchilada sauce over and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted and is deliciously golden.
What to Serve with Chicken Enchiladas
These are some of my most favourites toppings to serve with this low carb Mexican chicken enchiladas recipe.
Chili Con Queso – deliciously spiced cheese sauce
Guacamole – so tasty and a great source of fat.
Pickled Jalapeños – I honestly always have my own jalapeno escabeche (pickled jalapenos) in the fridge. Even now I have about 1kg of jalapenos in the fridge. The link takes you to my amazing keto recipe that has zero sugar.
Also, if you just don’t have any low carb tortillas handy you could make a chicken enchilada casserole with or without tortillas. Just fill the baking dish with the filling, top with cheese and bake. Serve with toppings or keto corn chips.
Keto Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 1/2 (1/2) onion diced
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons (1 tablespoons) Keto Taco Seasoning click for recipe, see notes
- 600 g (21 oz) chicken breast fillets or thigh fillets, cut into 4 cm/ 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups (2 cups) Keto Enchilada Sauce click for recipe, see notes
- 6 (6 ) Keto Tortillas click for recipe, see notes
- 1 cup (1 cup) shredded mozzarella
- optional toppings: (optional toppings:) guacamole, salsa, fresh coriander leaves, pickled jalapenos, sour cream
- Saute onion – place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic, and taco seasoning; sauté until the onion is soft.
- Cook chicken – add chicken; cook, turning, occasionally until the chicken is cooked through. Fold through 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce. Transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan/200°C static/350°F. Spoon 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the base of a 18 x 24 cm /7 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Fill & Roll – Lay tortilla flat and fill with 2-3 tablespoons of chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and roll. Place seam-side down into the baking tray. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake – pour over remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted and is deliciously golden.
- Serve with favourite enchilada toppings.
- Chop – Add the oil, onion, garlic, and taco seasoning; chop 3 sec/speed 6.
- Saute onion – scrape down sides of bowl; cook 4 min/100°C/speed 2/cap off.
- Cook chicken – add chicken; cook 12 min/100°C/reverse/slowest speed/cap off. Extend cooking time if chicken is not cooked through. Fold through 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce. Transfer to a bowl. Follow from step 3 above.
Your Own Notes
46 responses to “Keto Chicken Enchiladas”
This has become a firm family favourite 😍 I swapped hot ingredients with smoked and sweet paprikas, grandkids loved this dish too. I use keto wraps for me and wholemeal ones fir the rest of the fam, so easy! Thank you for beautiful and easy recipe!✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️
This is a total win win recipe for me. Healthy, easy, beautiful and packed with delicious fresh vibrant flavors. It is a great family meal that everyone will enjoy!
Thanks for sharing!
Enchiladas are my favorite, and this recipe did not disappoint. Easy and flavorful!