Kofta Fathead Sausage Rolls
These Kofta Fathead Sausage Rolls are super easy, and very, very tasty.
It don’t get much better than a few of these when the hunger strikes.
How to make Fathead Sausage Rolls
I always like to make my kofta mix first. If you have the time to allow it to marinate in the fridge over night then do it. So much more flavour can develop in that time.
It is so much better to work with fathead dough while it is still warm and fresh. I roll it out between 2 sheets of non stick baking paper and working quickly add the mince and roll. Finish off with some sesame and nigella seed for extra flavour.
Anyway….here you go
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Lamb Kofta Fathead Sausage Rolls
- Preheat oven to 200℃
- Take out a long piece of cling wrap
- Spoon dessert spoon heaps of the mince along the length a couple inches in from the edge to make a large log
- Gently roll the log in the cling wrap and roll back and forth on the kitchen bench to get desired sausage shape Don’t roll to make it thicker and shorter though
- Take your log to the fathead that has been rolled out into a large rectangle
- Cut the fathead sheet into 8 rectangles
- Now to place my sausage I actually unravel it over the dough and cut to fit my mini rectangles and gently lift it from the cling film and place it onto the centre - to first quarter of the rectangle, and then gently roll over keeping seam side down
- Do this with all fathead
- Place your sesame and nigella seeds onto a plate and mix together
- When completed rolling gently place your top side down onto the seeds on the plate to cover the top.
- Place onto 2 x Baking sheet covered in baking paper
- Cook in oven for approximately 15 – 18 minutes
- Please check and move with a spatula, around on the baking sheet, to move out of the moisture so your bottom gets crispy.
- Eat just as they are, as they are perfect!
2. Swap lamb for beef, pork or chicken mince.