Keto Taco Seasoning
A super easy Keto Taco Seasoning that you can whip up with basic keto pantry essentials.
There are two things I love in this world. Spices/spice mixes and Mexican food. This taco seasoning satisfies two loves and is a bloody awesome spice mix to have on hand for so many recipes.
I use this keto taco seasoning in recipes like fajitas, tacos, pulled pork, pork butt on the smoker, my delicious Mexican Shredded Chicken in Butter Broth, in fact it is a constant spice mix that is constant rotation in my kitchen.
Keto Taco Seasoning Ingredients
For most of you, you will more than likely have every ingredient in your spice pantry. There is no hard to get ingredients that cannot be found in your local supermarket.
The spices I use in my Keto Taco Seasoning are
- chilli powder – don’t be too concerned about the quantity in this recipe as it is not a hot spice mix. A little goes a long way.
- ground cumin
- paprika – sweet or smoked can be used.
- salt flakes
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- oregano – you can use regular or Mexican oregano
- black pepper
How to Use Taco Seasoning
This is such a great spice on any kind of protein. Whether it is slow cooked, pressure cooked, barbecued, smoked, grilled or fried. I love it on a smoked pork butt, or with any kind of carnitas.
It is also fab mixed into a little sour cream and yoghurt for a nice dipping sauce or in a 7 -layer dip.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Watch how easy it is to make
Keto Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 1 month.
- Use in your favourite Mexican dishes. Also perfect for a dry rub for pulled pork, roast meat and even a simple steak.
Want more recipes for the keto diet? Check out our store packed full of keto cookbooks. Check out our cookbooks