Creamy Tuscan Keto Chicken Lasagne
This Creamy Tuscan Keto Chicken Lasagne is simply divine! Sauteed mushrooms, shredded chicken breast, a hint of sun dried tomatoes and fresh herbs…. what is not to love?
It is starting to get a little colder here in Thornton, so some comfort meals are in order for sure. It feels like it has been so long since its been cold. The weather has been so crazy here for so long. So hot! So it was a nice change to whip up this recipe and enjoy something a little more hearty.
My influence for this came from one of those delicious creamy chicken skillet dinners, and I just thought I would go with it, and layer its between some “very easy to make” Keto Lasagne Pasta.
Some Fabulous Variations
Just like all lasagnes this one you can easily change up to suit your tastes. Even if you want this to be a mince lasagne that would still tie in nicely with the same sauce. You could even take the meat out double mushrooms, and even add some cauliflower and broccoli to make an amazing vegetarian version. I think a rich tomato sauce would be fabulous in this. Maybe a batch of the Sugo di Pomodoro sauce would be fantastic in another layer through this lasagne as well.
This lasagne is very filling so it best teamed with a very light green salad with a light apple cider vinegar dressing.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Creamy Tuscan Keto Chicken Lasagne
- 4 eggs
- 150 g cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 2 1/2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sumac
- 150 g mushrooms sliced thinly
- 300 g chicken breasts sliced thinly
- 250 g heavy cream
- 100 g chicken broth
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 15 g sun dried tomatoes
- 1 fresh tomato finely diced
- 1/4 cup basil torn
- 100 g ricotta
- 100 g mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Prepare 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Mix into a smooth batter eggs, cream cheese,salt and mixed herbs in a medium bowl. Continue whisking while adding in psyllium powder. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Spread batter out out both baking trays and spread until thin. Cover with another sheet of baking paper and gently press batter out to a "pasta thin" layer.
- Leave the "pasta" sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Remove baking paper.
- Cut to fit your lasagne baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan and gently fry garlic, sumac, and mushrooms, until fragrant and mushrooms are nicely golden. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes each side. Gently shred chicken and reserve.
- Add cream, broth and parmesan, and continue to cook until sauce reduces by half and begins to thicken.
- Return chicken to sauce and combine spinach and sundried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes and heat for 1-2 minutes. Sauce should be thick and creamy.
- Stir basil through
- Mix ricotta and mozzarella together in a separate bowl.
- Ladle a layer of the creamy chicken into the bottom of a baking pan and top with a layer of the "pasta' followed by a layer of cheese. Continue layering and complete lasagne with a layer of the ricotta and mozzarella. Cover with foil.
- Cook in oven (170℃) for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for further 5 minutes to brown cheese.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving with a green salad.
[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=hi0DU&webforms_id=22496104″ css=”on” center=”off” center_margin=”200″/]