Buttery Beef Casserole with Dumplings
My buttery beef casserole is surprising delicious considering it was created originally with no testing at all done.
I had a simple request to convert a recipe from a Coles (supermarket) magazine from one of 365 members.
While the recipe in question wasn’t keto, it also wasn’t quite like this one but it inspired me to put a few simple ingredients together to create an easy and delicious beef slow cooker meal that is worth the wait.
Some of the 365’ers starting testing it out telling me how good it was. I don’t usually give out untested recipes but in my opinion not much can go wrong with a beef casserole dish. Cook as long as you need to get the beef to become soft and tender and unctuous. As many slow cookers are of varying temperatures, and meat is different depending on the cut of beef and the actual beast as well, just extend the time as needed to achieve soft and tender meat.
Thanks Christine Russell for testing the recipe and air frying the dumplings. Christine’s pic above
Choice of Slow-Cooker
I use a Kitchenaid Multi Cooker as my slow cooker of choice. It is great in the way I can use it to sear the beef and then turn it down to slow cook straight after. I cooked mine on slow at 80℃ for the first 4 hours then turned it up to slow at 95℃, before finishing it off at 100℃ for the last hour. You don’t have to adjust yours at all but just allow plenty of time to cook this to get that meat beautiful and tender.
You will see that I have used Nutraorganics Collagen in this recipe. I like to add collagen as a natural gluten free thickening agent where I can. If your gravy needs additional thickening at the end add another scoop of collagen to some hot liquid and add stirring into casserole.
Collagen is fabulous for overall health, especially when following the keto diet. It is proven to help
- joint pain
- reduce hair loss
- strengthen nails
- improve metabolism
- prevent skin dryness and wrinkles
- improve muscle mass
- decrease bone degeneration
- help leaky gut
- protect cardiovascular health
- benefit liver health and function
This is delicious served with some Daily Keto Bread and butter, cauliflower dumplings, or even with some grated cheese and sour cream. So good!
I hope you love this recipe, I certainly did.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Slow Cooker Buttery Beef Casserole
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 800 g gravy beef or chuck steak cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g grass fed butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 celery sticks finely diced
- 4 radishes sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed and sliced thinly
- 200 g Swiss brown mushrooms sliced into quarters
- 6 bacon rashers sliced into batons
- 1 chorizo sausage diced
- 1 scoop beef gelatin or beef collagen
- 250 ml beef bone broth
- 200 ml hot coffee if using coffee pods also add coffee grounds
- 60 g tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g bacon diced
- 150 g cauliflower rice
- 60 g cheddar grate
- 20 g coconut flour
- 15 g whey protein powder
- 20 g almond flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder I use Bobs red Mill
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Trocomare seasoning or favourite spice
- 2 eggs
- 30 g grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- 50 g whey protein powder
- 2 tsp salt pick your favourite
- 50 g crushed pork rinds
oil for frying (this can be done in an Airfryer as well) use high temp oil like coconut or lard
- Season beef with paprika
- Over medium heat fry off beef in olive oil and butter until beef is lightly browned all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker and add rest of ingredients
- Slow cook 7+ hours until sauce thicken and beef is super tender. Extend time until beef has become tender and breaks down with a spoon.
- Mix all dumpling mixture together.
- Scoop with cookie scoop and roll into 6 golf ball size dumplings.
- Roll in seasoned protein flour and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Fry for 1 minute or so until golden and remove and drain.
- Cook in 2 batches on baking paper for 7 minutes at 200℃
- Serve dumplings on top of casserole.
Whether you are just starting a keto diet or looking for a keto diet plan or recipes we have loads of great books and eBooks in store that you can enjoy. Check them out at https://madcreationshub.com/shop