Best Ever Keto Enchilada Sauce
Mad Creations Best Ever Keto Enchilada Sauce is great to use with any variation of enchiladas. It is so easy and you can keep the sauce in the fridge or freezer for further use.
This enchilada sauce has been apart of my basics recipes for more years than I dare to count and now it is time to share it with you. Don’t worry it is a super easy recipe that everyone can make and have handy for when a little bit of flavour is needed to brighten up any meal
How to make your own Keto Enchilada Sauce.
- First up you really do need to order yourself some Mexican chillies. Guajillos are a rich smokey, fruity chilli that forms the base in many Mexican dishes. There are several Mexican suppliers online that you can order from (for those of you in Australia). You can substitute an Ancho or Pasilla chilli if that is something you have in the cupboard but others get online and order up. I always have a big bag handy as I love my Mexican flavours.
- Xanthan gum has been used in this recipe purely for a thickener. It can be substituted with a teaspoon of gelatin. There is only a slight thickening to this sauce. The consistency is similar to marinara sauce.
- This recipe works consistently well in both a Thermomix® and on the stove.
- I have used a stock paste, bone broth concentrate, and powdered stock as well in this recipe. You can also substitute fresh stick or bone broth.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Mad Creations Best Ever Enchilada Sauce
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp oregano
- 5 g onion powder
- 5 g garlic powder
- 2 guajillo dried chillies
- 400 g tomatoes diced, fresh or tinned
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock paste or 2 tsp of dried stock
- 1 cup water
- Add butter to mixer
- Cook 3 minutes / 100℃ / speed stir
- Add xanthan gum
- Cook 2 minutes / 100℃ / speed stir
- Add guajillos, garlic powder, onion powder, tomatoes to mixer
- Blend 30 seconds / speed 9.5. Scrape sides of bowl
- Add stock paste and water and cook 7 minutes / 100℃ / speed 1.
- Store in sterilised jar
- Melt butter over medium heat, add xanthan and cook for 1 minute
- Grind or blend guajillo, add to roux along with rest of the ingredients
- Cook for 7 minutes over medium to low heat. Puree with blender.