Keto Chia Pudding – 7 Flavours
I have a new found appreciation and love for chia pudding! Have you tried any yet at all?
At first when trying a chia pudding (mind you this was a couple of years ago) I found the texture off-putting and the flavour ghastly! Well flavour is something I can fix in anything, but texture I think is a learned thing. Not growing up eating anything like this, and detesting a rice pudding, I was a little slow to warm to the humble chia pudding.
So some of the flavours I have played with include:
Matcha – for those inexperienced with matcha, start with a 1/2 tsp and work your way up. It can be strong and polarising to those not used to its flavour.
Matcha is a powdered green tea. Part of the joy of drinking matcha is the whole ceremony of whisking it with your little stumpy bamboo whisk in an overpriced (at least in Australia) clay cup/bowl and drinking straight form the clay. I am totally in love with everything tea and ceremony related.
Photo by Jess Shoolbread
Peanut Butter Chia Pudding – you may need to fight the kids off for this one!
Photo by Natusha Joy
Speaking of fighting off the kids with your chia puds, how about a chocolate one? For a dessert version grate some dark chocolate onto the top and double cream and stir it in! Or freeze it into delicious frozen chocolate pudding pops. So good!
Chai Chia pudding, now that is a play on letters isn’t it! For all the Chai lovers this spiced and creamy pudding will be a favourite choice. If you like your chia creamy feel free to use thickened cream in place of the “milks”, or macadamia milk is delicious too!
Photo by Rachel Loew Tschumper
Another delicious recipe with Sukrin in it. For an extra decadence squeeze a little Sukrin Gold Fibre syrup over the top.
Vanilla Pudding is always one of my favourites. I hope you love all these choices and come up with a few of your own.
Comment below what you had and what you thought of the flavour. If you have made up your own flavour that we all need to try, then let us know!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Keto Chia Pudding – 7 Flavours
- 160 ml coconut milk
- 160 ml almond milk
- 2-4 tsp sweetener of choice sugar free maple syrup or Sukrin syrups would work well
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 2 scoops pea protein powder/or collagen peptides
- 60 g chia seeds
Flavours of Choice
- Matcha – Add 1/2 tsp Matcha powder
- Peanut Butter – Add 2 tsp crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- Chocolate – 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Caramel Pecan 1 tbsp Sukrin gold granular sweetener, ¼ tsp cinnamon and 4 pecans crushed (save ½ to top your pudding
- Vanilla – 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 scoop of vanilla flavoured whey protein isolate
- Chai – ¼ tsp cinnamon ¼ tsp ginger, pinch cloves, ½ tsp vanilla
- Desiccated coconut cacao nibs, grated chocolate, flaked almonds, crushed nuts
- Add milks, sweetener, salt, protein or collagen powders (is using) and flavour of choice to blender or Thermomix® blend on high speed or speed 5/10 seconds. Add chia seeds and turbo pulse for 2 seconds, leave for 2 minutes, repeat this 3 times.
- Pour chia pudding into 6 glasses or jars. Seal and leave over-night.
- Enjoy with toppings or even some fresh double cream