2 Ingredient Keto Yogurt
This 2 Ingredient Keto Yogurt (yoghurt) is a bit of a game changer when it comes to net carb count. At less than half the carbs of most traditional Greek yoghurt this is such a good little recipe to use.
So does it really taste like Greek yoghurt? Personally I would say it is tangy and creamy enough for any recipe to pass the test. Plus for many of us it is great to have less ingredients in our fridges and easier to whip this up as needed.
2 INGREDIENT KETO YOGURT INGREDIENTS
So what are the two magical ingredients in our keto yoghurt recipe? Well they are something that many of us following a keto diet always have in our fridge.
Sour cream provides the tanginess that you find in most yoghurts. Being lower in carbs than yoghurt this helps me (and you) cut more carbs out of our keto diet where we can. I always have sour cream in my fridge as I not only use it as a condiment but use it ALOT in my baking (if you had not already noticed).
Double Cream (or heavy cream for the US)
Double cream is super thick and rich in butter fat. Personally, I love the Meander Valley brand, it is very thick and luscious at 56% fat.
You can use a heavy or whipping cream but the yoghurt will be slightly thinner for the 2 ingredient keto yoghurt. I just wouldn’t recommend using pouring cream.
2 INGREDIENT KETO YOGHURT VARIATIONS
As with all yoghurts you can most certainly add to your 2 ingredient keto yoghurt to flavour it differently.
Personally I love the Za’atar Yoghurt I used in my new cookbook The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook. It goes so great with any kind of red or white meat as a great homemade keto dressing or homemade keto dip.
But simply adding any low carb or keto flavoured syrups, like Natvia’s Salted Caramel Syrup, Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup, or Nirvana Organics syrups these can really sweeten it up for a smooth creamy keto yoghurt.
You can also make some amazing keto smoothie recipes with just a handful of your favourite low carb fruits. My favourite is always strawberries, blueberry or raspberry 2 ingredient keto yoghurt.
ADDING PREBIOTICS TO THE 2 INGREDIENT KETO YOGHURT
So we have a very simple 2 ingredient yoghurt recipe but one thing many of us eat yoghurt for is the bacteria. The prebiotics and probiotics that give us good gut health and healthy digestive function.
Many of us already have a shelf stable prebiotic in our keto pantry. That would be Inulin. Did you know that Inulin can be used to make yogurt? Inulin has a host of claimed health benefits, like relieving constipation, improving heart health, control diabetes, weight loss and so many more. Here is a great article to help explain more of the benefits of Inulin.
With the same ratio of sour cream and cream I added a teaspoon of Inulin to add the prebiotics. I also tested it as a Pot Set Thermomix Keto Yoghurt recipe as well and I am super pleased to report it worked fabulously with a thick and delicious creamy keto yoghurt.
ADDING PROBIOTICS TO THE YOGHURT
Now that I am thinking even further ahead with our 2 ingredient keto yogurt recipe we can just as easily use cream, sour cream, or coconut milk for a dairy free keto yogurt and either add Inulin or a probiotic for loads more health benefits. And it is as simple as adding just 1 teaspoon to this mixture. Alternatively half a teaspoon of probiotics with half a teaspoon of prebiotics are claimed to help the benefits of the probiotic.
Herbs of Gold have a great probiotic capsule that is shelf stable (needing no refrigeration unless your daily temps are in the high 30s) and can be used to make keto yoghurt with loads of goodness.
Herbs of Gold Probiotic 55 Billion is a high-strength, broad spectrum combination of 11 different probiotics sourced from scientifically studied Danisco® strains to help maintain balanced intestinal flora and healthy digestive function. I get mine through my local health store Elite Health Supplements.
Probiotic 55 Billion Benefits Include:-
– Contains 11 room-stable probiotic strains that help to maintain a healthy composition of the intestinal flora.
– Helps to re-establish friendly intestinal flora and inhibit the growth of unwanted intestinal flora to help maintain balanced, healthy intestinal flora.
– Helps to balance the digestive system and supports healthy digestive function.
– Helps to relieve digestive complaints such as regurgitation, abdominal pain, nausea, gurgling, constipation, irregular bowels and flatulence in healthy individuals.
– Supports bowel regularity and bowel health, helping to relieve constipation and reduce the occurrence of constipation.
– Supports and maintains normal healthy immune system function and wellbeing.
HOW TO MAKE 2 INGREDIENT YOGHURT
Yeah well this is an easy keto yogurt recipe for sure.
Simply mix and use. I have used the gorgeous little glass jars from The Mix Shop
That is it! Of course if you want to add the prebiotics and/or probiotics and allow for the bacteria to grow the yoghurt will also thicken. I have honestly found this is the THICKEST and damn tastiest yoghurt I have ever tried.
HUNGRY FOR MORE
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe and share in the community.
How to Make Keto Yoghurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- Mix all ingredients together for an easy meal or place in the blender and pulse until well blended and serve.
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl 15 sec/speed 5. Serve
- Change berries to any berry of choice.
- Swap sweetener for a gold sweetener, or low carb syrups available in most supermarkets.
- Mix with any homemade keto granolas as well.
- Nutritional has been calculated without berries or sweetener.