Keto Teriyaki Sauce | Sugar-Free
Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce
A good keto teriyaki sauce was an essential recipe for me to create. This recipe is sure to make the whole family happy keto or not.
This recipe is a completely sugar-free teriyaki sauce and it tastes amazing. You only need a few of the usual keto pantry ingredients to whip it up.
Make it in bulk or make it just for one. If you look at the top of the recipe card you can use the slider to increase or decrease the recipe based on the number of serves you wish to make.
At a guess, you might already have all the teriyaki sauce ingredients in your pantry to make this.
- Gluten free Tamari is available in the supermarket in the sauce aisle. You can substitute coconut aminos if you prefer.
I use Sukrin Gold as my brown sugar substitute of choice. However, Natvia Gold and Lakanto Gold, golden monk fruit sweetener are available in the supermarket are perfect for this recipe too.
- I use Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste in this recipe. However, fresh grated ginger is a great substitute.
- Xanthan gum is used sparingly as a thickener. To make a teriyaki sauce without xanthan gum use glucomannan powder. It is amazing or cornstarch if you prefer to use a grain.
How to make Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce
Step 1. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan, microwave-safe bowl and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
Once it is made simply add to your favourite stir fry or use to marinate protein overnight.
I have included a Thermomix keto teriyaki sauce recipe for all our thermie fans. It is still incredibly easy and quick to make.
How to Serve It
From keto teriyaki chicken, keto teriyaki salmon or beef teriyaki, all of these are incredibly delicious!. For a keto-vegan teriyaki try with baby corn (yes its low carb), cauliflower and broccoli florets or thick slices of portobello mushrooms for a “meaty” stir fry.
A little can be used for a marinade or simply add to a fast stir fry and heat until sticky and thick. Alternatively, basted over thick salmon or chicken kebabs is a delicious way to serve.
More Great Keto Chinese Recipes
Miss your Asian takeaway? I love recreating many of our favourite Asian recipes into a sugar free keto recipes. Here are just a few on the website.
Keto Teriyaki Sauce
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan over moderate heat and simmer until sauce has reduced by half.
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl. Cook 5 min/110 ̊C/speed 1. Reserve.
- The recipe can easily be doubled, tripled etc.
- The sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week. Alternatively, freeze it in an ice cube tray and store frozen in a ziplock bag for individual portion control.
- Gluten free Tamari is available in the supermarket in the sauce aisle. Soy sauce or coconut aminos can be substituted and stick keep the teriyaki sauce keto.
I use Sukrin Gold as my gold sweetener of choice. However, Natvia Gold and Lakanto Gold, both available in the supermarket are perfect for this recipe too.
- I use Gourmet Gardn Ginger Paste in this recipe. However, fresh grated ginger is a great substitute.
- Xanthan gum is used sparingly as a thickener. Alternatively, glucomannan powder is amazing or cornstarch if you prefer to use a grain.
- A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar can be added for a more tart teriyaki keto sauce.
Your Own Notes
Megan has been following a ketogenic diet since being diagnosed with insulin resistance in early 2017.