A great keto ketchup recipe is one to have. This is such an easy sauce to make at home.
Growing up I have to say ketchup or tomato sauce, as we call it here in Australia, may have been poured over most foods I ate. I distinctly remember both me and my brother refusing to eat scrambled eggs because there was no ketchup in the house. Even today I am a bit partial to a little “now” sugar free tomato sauce on my eggs or a burger.
Keto Ketchup Ingredients
The ingredients for this keto ketchup recipe can all be found at the local supermarket. In fact, most will probably be in your keto pantry right now.
Here are all the ingredients you need to make homemade sugar free ketchup.
HOT TIP – If you like it spicy add some chilli flakes, cayenne, or fresh chillies to the mix, you could even add some hidden vegetables like zucchini, carrot or mushrooms.
How To Make Keto Ketchup
This recipe is so EASY! Honestly, you can make it harder by roasting or grilling the tomatoes, but I just want quick and easy.
I have given you methods to make a Thermomix keto ketchup, and Instant Pot ketchup recipe and method, and good old stove top method.
It is very simply cooking until thick. Pureeing to the desired consistency you want. (I like mine still a little chunky). And then pouring into to some sterilised jars and sealing.
FAQs and More Hot Tips
Okay so what questions do you have about this keto tomato sauce?
Can I use canned tomatoes?
Yes, you most certainly can! I prefer the Rich and Thick Ardmona tomatoes in any sauces I use.
Is ketchup keto-friendly?
Well not the one’s from the supermarket, lol. There are some lower in sugar, but it is so easy to make your own homemade keto ketchup without any additives, sugar, or preservatives. So, give it a try.
I don’t have a blender?
You can still make this sauce without a blender. Simply use a masher or your hands to squish the tomatoes.
Tools I use
Instant Pot – This is easily one of my Top 3 kitchen appliances, You can sauté, ferment, slow cook and pressure cook. It takes up very little room in the kitchen and is a MASSIVE time saver.
Thermomix – Another appliance in my Top 3 for all the reasons above and more.
Canning Jars – I am obsessed with Kilner Glass Jars! While they are super functional in my test kitchen they are of superior quality and look gorgeous with any homemade sauces, jams, chutneys etc. These would also be beautiful to make homemade treats and gift at Christmas time.
For more great keto sauce recipes
- Keto Big Mac Sauce
- Best Ever Enchilada Sauce
- Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Best Keto Cheese Sauce
- Keto Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Keto Marinara Sauce
- Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | 365 |
Sugar Free Keto Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup fire roasted red capsicum See Note 2
- 1 cup tomato paste See Note 1
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sweetener allulose or xylitol, see notes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt flakes if using iodised salt reduce to 1 tsp, salt flakes are not as strong
- Place all ingredients into a large pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and reduced by one quarter, about 10-15 minutes).
- Ladle sauce into a blender in batches and puree until smooth (or use a stick blender). Pour into clean santised jars and store in the refrigerator.
- Place all ingredients into mixer; chop 4 sec/speed 4. Cook 20 min/100°C/speed 2. Puree sauce 1 min/ speed 9. Check consistency, if needed cook a little longer until a ketchup consistency is achieved.
- Fresh and canned tomatoes can be used.
- I have a lot of friends who cannot eat capsicum so YES this can be left out.
- I use Sukrin Gold granular sweetener but any sweetener can be used. I do recommend sweetener to be included in the sauce as it does de-bitter the tomatoes.
- The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator at length if properly “canned”. Please use Google search for tips if you need them.
- Keto Ketchup can also be frozen. I recommend pouring into ice cube trays then freezing. Remove from the tray and transfer to a ziplock bag. This way you can thaw smaller serves or pop a cube or two in your cooking straight from the freezer.
Hello Megan, thank you for your recipes. I’d like to make this but I can’t see the weight/ cups of fresh tomato needed. It’s not listed in the recipe card. Thanks.
I will have to retest this Hazel. I think I just changed the recipe completely from my original x
Love your receipes!
What would be the equivalent volume of passata for those tomatoes?
The same weight would be fine as passata is usually just tomatoes and salt
WINNER! Wow! It’s such an easy recipe (cooked in my Thermie), it’s the perfect consistency, and it’s really delicious. It tastes so much better than any of the no added sugar tomato sauces I’ve ever bought. I have almost 6 cups of sauce and have frozen it in small 1/2 cup portions which will last ages. Thank you for another fabulous recipe.
Awesome thank you 😊
Hi Megan I cannot wait to try this recipe 🙂 I was just wondering how long the tomato sauce keeps for please.
Hi Sarah, you can keep it in the fridge in an airtight jar for about a week. If you seal it in smaller jars and only open as needed it will store in the fridge for a lot longer. You can of course freeze some as well.
Fool the kids and give them this sugar free ketchup