Sugar Free Tomato Sauce Keto Ketchup
This Sugar Free Tomato Sauce Keto Ketchup is such a great recipe.
At this time of year (December in Australia) those of us who grow their own tomatoes can be faced with having way more than they can consume. This is where we are at right now! The garden is providing the most beautiful tomatoes in all colours and sizes, and are eating our fare share, but there is so many. So I had to get cooking.
Now seeing Dave loves tomato sauce on his eggs, and that sugar free one you buy from the supermarket really isn’t that good for you I thought I would whip up some home made. This recipe is seriously simple as, and is basically an adaption of my Napolitana Sauce.
If you like it spicy add some chilli flakes, cayenne, or fresh chillies to the mix, you could even add some more vegetables to make it more nutritious.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Mad Creations Keto Tomato Sauce Ketchup
- 1 1/2 kg tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt flakes if using iodised salt reduce to 1 tsp, salt flakes are not as strong
- 70 g tomato paste
- 80 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 50 g sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all tomatoes, whole capsicum and garlic onto baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and season with salt.
- Cook in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes until all the tomatoes have begun to blister and your capsicum is roasted with blistered skin.
- Remove from oven and place your capsicum into a plastic bag for 10 minutes to sweat (this helps in removing the skin).
- Carefully spoon or pour your tomatoes and any liquids into Thermomix®. Remove the skin and seeds from your capsicum and add to your tomato mixture along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook 45 minutes / 100℃ / speed 2.
- Puree 1 minute / gradual speed up to speed 9
- Check consistency, if needed cook a little longer until a ketchup consistency is achieved.
- If you do not have a Thermomix® you can easily follow the instructions above replacing the Thermomix with a saucepan over medium - low simmer, and once reduced, transfer to a blender or food processor and puree.