Keto Marinara Pizza Sauce
For a great low carb pizza we need a great Keto Marinara Sauce recipe right? So pizza sauces on the market have sugars added, so this is my go to very simple keto pizza sauce.
KETO PIZZA SAUCE INGREDIENTS
Let’s keep it easy but tasty. All the ingredients in this keto marinara are more than likely in your pantry right now. Nothing fancy just some dried herbs, spices and tomatoes.
- 400 g (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE KETO MARINARA SAUCE
Well, aren’t you all going to love this recipe. It is so easy as there is no cooking involved! That’s right, simply mix all the ingredients and you have a keto marinara pizza sauce ready to spoon onto your keto pizza base and get cooking!
I do use a stick blender or to make a Thermomix keto marinara sauce all you need to do is place all the ingredients into the mixer bowl and mix 30 seconds speed 5. So simple.
We all love different flavours and some of us really love spicy. I used to be a total chilli-head. While my heat tolerance has possibly lowered I still love a bit of a kick on my pizza or in a keto pasta recipe.
So here are a few “extras” to throw into the marinara sauce or substitute for those ingredients you may not like.
- Ground Cayenne Pepper – from 1/2 teaspoon and up depending on how hot you like it
- Chipotles in Adobo – now available in the supermarket these will add a smokiness to the sauce while still keeping it a low carb pizza sauce.
- Fresh chillies – roughly chop and extend mixing time until the pizza sauce is smooth
- Fresh herbs – fresh basil, thyme or oregano would be perfect
- Tomato paste will make the sauce thicker and richer. Add 1 tablespoon or more if using this as marinara for a tomato based keto marinara pasta dish. You can more as needed but it does add extra carbs
LOVE A GOOD SAUCE? I DO TOO!
Here are just a few of my favourite keto sauce recipes.
- Smokey Keto Barbecue Sauce
- Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
- Keto Tartare Sauce
- Sugar-Free Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Keto Big Mac Sauce
CONNECT WITH OUR COMMUNITY
Join our fabulous keto community on multiple channels and get support from others following the keto lifestyle. Find the best in recipes, great keto planners, get started with keto or use our Macro Calculator to start your keto diet with all the tools you need.
San Marzano Tomato Sauce (Marinara Sauce)
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook stirring until soft.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; season to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45-60 minutes.
- Mix with an immersion blender or pour into a food processor and mix if you love a smooth sauce. Stir through fresh herbs and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add oil and garlic to mixer; chop 4 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat as needed. Cook 4 min/100°C/speed 2/cap off.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; season to taste. Cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2/cap off. Puree sauce up to speed 10/cap on if you love a smooth sauce. Stir through fresh herbs and adjust seasoning to taste.
2. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or portioned in the freezer in an airtight bag.