Keto “Potato Salad”
What we love in a salad apart from taste is ease and versatility. This is a great Keto Potato Salad dish that you can serve hot or cold and get nothing but empty plates as a thank you.
You may know I am not a lover of cauliflower so when I develop a keto cauliflower recipe it has to be a good one. This my friends, is pretty damn special!
KETO POTATO SALAD
I have aptly called this cauliflower salad a Keto Potato Salad, basically because it is just like one.
There are just so many keto cauliflower recipes on the internet at the moment so it is hard to find the best one I am sure. Personally I love simple and quick and easy recipes. This is one of those recipes that delivers big on flavour too.
POTATO SALAD INGREDIENTS
Okay so what is in my low carb potato salad that makes this a special recipe? Nothing but simple to source ingredients with many that you probably have kicking around in your kitchen right now. Feel free to add some of your own “extras” to pimp it to your personal taste.
400g cauliflower, cut into florets (broccoli would also work well in this recipe)
100g cream cheese
½ cup (125g) sour cream (or thickened cream)
½ cup (125g) Ranch Dressing
2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (don’t like jalapeños? Try a bit of grainy mustard instead)
½ cup (50g) shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices streaky bacon, sliced and cooked until crispy
2 tablespoons fresh chives (or fresh parlsey)
HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS SALAD
This is such a simple recipe. For our Thermomix® users I have also created this to be the easiest and best Thermomix cauliflower salad recipe. Here is how to make it with some extra tips.
Chop into florets. Cut the core into small pieces too. No need to waste any of the cauliflower.
Steam the cauliflower in a double boiler until just softened. Alternatively steam cauliflower in the Thermomix® for 15 minutes.
While the cauliflower is steaming you could hard boil the eggs and cook the bacon.
Cool the cauliflower in the fridge before mixing the Keto Potato Salad if you are serving this as a cold keto side dish. If you want it more like a keto potato bake, then preheat oven to 180℃.
Mix all the ingredients, reserving half the cheese. Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until it is hot and nice and golden on top.
MORE SIDES AND DISHES TO SERVE WITH
As I mentioned this works great hot or cold. You can enjoy this simple cauliflower salad as a side or even as a whole meal. Anyway here are a few dishes it will pair well with and some other great low carb side recipes to serve alongside of.
- Buttery Beef Casserole
- Crunchy Broccoli Slaw
- Sticky Asian Pork Ribs
- Chicken Milanese
- Easy Keto Beef Lasagna
DON’T MISS OUR NEW COOKBOOK
The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook is open for pre-orders NOW. Learn more about it in store now.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Keto “Potato” Salad – FULLY LOADED
- 400 g cauliflower cut into florets
- 100 g cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream or thickened cream
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing click link for recipe
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices streaky bacon sliced and cooked until crispy
- 2 hard boiled eggs diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives finely sliced
- Steam cauliflower for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, place into microwave-safe dish and add a couple of tablespoons of water. Cover with cling film and cook on high for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender. Allow to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir through cooled cauliflower. Serve
- Pour 600g of water into mixing bowl and insert the steaming basket. Place cauliflower florets into basket. Steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 2. Set aside to cool. Discard water.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing and jalapeños into mixing bowl. Mix 15 sec/speed 4. Scrape and repeat if needed. Pour cream mixture over cauliflower and stir through cheese, bacon, egg and chives. Serve.
Preheat oven to 180℃. Place potato salad into a medium baking dish. Cover in extra cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or until warm through and cheese has melted.
Keto Potato Salad can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
Serve on top of a pie or lasagna for a delicious topper!