What we love in a salad apart from taste are ease and versatility. This delicious Keto Potato Salad can be served hot or cold and you will see the empty plates as a special thank you.
You may know I am not a lover of cauliflower so when I develop a keto cauliflower recipe it has to be a good one. This my friends is pretty damn special!
Keto Potato Salad
I have aptly called this cauliflower salad a Keto Potato Salad, basically because it is just like one.
There are just so many keto cauliflower recipes on the internet at the moment so it is hard to find the best one I am sure. Personally, I love simple and quick and easy recipes. This is one of those recipes that delivers big on flavour too.
What is in my low-carb potato salad that makes this a special recipe?
Nothing but simple to source ingredients with many that you probably have kicking around in your kitchen right now. Feel free to add some of your own “extras” to pimp it to your personal taste.
Cauliflower – cut into florets (broccoli would also work well in this recipe). Use fresh or frozen cauliflower
Cream cheese – cream cheese is used to help make the cauliflower taste more neutral.
Ranch Dressing using ranch instead of mayonnaise or just plain sour cream adds so much flavour to the salad.
How to Make It
This is such a simple recipe. For our Thermomix® users, I have also created this to be the easiest and best Thermomix cauliflower salad recipe. Here is how to make it with some extra tips.
Step 1. Chop into florets. Cut the core into small pieces too. No need to waste any of the cauliflower.
Step 2. Steam the cauliflower in a double boiler until just softened.
Alternatively, steam cauliflower in the Thermomix / 15 minutes/120°C/speed 2.
Step 3. While the cauliflower is steaming, hard boil the eggs and cook bacon.
Step 4. Chill cauliflower before combining with remaining ingredients.
Alternative Hot Cauliflower Potato Salad: If you want it more like a keto potato bake, preheat oven to 180℃. Mix all ingredients, reserving half the cheese. Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until it is hot and nice and golden on top.
Next Recipes To Try
- Buttery Beef Casserole
- Easy Keto Beef Lasagna
- Rougaille Saucisse (Sausage Rougail)
- The Best Chinese Cabbage Salad
- Taboule Salad
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to our Mad Creations newsletter below and follow on Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | and get all the latest updates.
Keto Potato Salad with Cauliflower
- 400 g cauliflower cut into florets
- 100 g cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream or thickened cream
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing click link for recipe
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices streaky bacon sliced and cooked until crispy
- 2 hard boiled eggs diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives finely sliced
- Steam cauliflower for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, place into microwave-safe dish and add a couple of tablespoons of water. Cover with cling film and cook on high for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender. Allow to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir through cooled cauliflower. Serve
- Pour 600g of water into mixing bowl and insert the steaming basket. Place cauliflower florets into basket. Steam 15 min/120°C/speed 2. Set aside to cool. Discard water.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing and jalapeños into mixing bowl. Mix 15 sec/speed 4. Scrape and repeat if needed. Pour cream mixture over cauliflower and stir through cheese, bacon, egg and chives. Serve.
Preheat oven to 180℃. Place potato salad into a medium baking dish. Cover in extra cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or until warm through and cheese has melted.
Keto Potato Salad can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
Serve on top of a pie or lasagna for a delicious topper!
Leave a Reply