I am a massive jalapeño fan and I had to make a sugar free keto pickled jalapeños recipe. It tastes just the same as the canned variety!
At this time of year (Australian autumn/winter) I have a huge glut of jalapeños and always end up making lots of recipes featuring them.
Why We Love Pickled Jalapenos
This keto pickled jalapeño recipe is a very simple recipe that everyone can easily make.
Jalapeños are a mild chilli with a Scoville unit measure of 2500-5000. With super-hot chillies having measures over 1 million Scoville units I would definitely consider them as a mostly mild child. They are a very tasty chilli that can add a little spice to many dishes.
How to make Keto Pickled Jalapeños
With this method I have included a method that includes blistering the skin of the jalapeños first.
Place all the jalapeños in a large wide saucepan (or work in batches) to blister the skin of the chillies.
Add remainder of ingredients and cook until soft.
Cool and slice. Store in a sterilised airtight jar in the fridge.
Alternatively, the keto pickled jalapeños can be sliced before cooking.
Place all sliced jalapeños into the mixer and cook 20 minutes/98℃/reverse/stir. Increase cooking time if needed.
Recipes using Keto Pickled Jalapeños
Pickled jalapeños are such a versatile chilli. If you hadn’t noticed before I tend to use them quite a bit in my recipes. Here are just a few tasty ones to try.
- Keto Waffles | Buttery Jalapeno
- Keto Taco Recipe Easy Crispy Tacos
- Slow Cooked Keto Meatloaf
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- The Best Keto Taco Salad with Ground Beef
Connect with our Keto Community
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Sugar Free Quick Keto Pickled Jalapeños
- 800 g (2.11 cups) jalapeños
- 2 cups (2 cups) white vinegar
- 1/2 (0.5) onion sliced
- 2 (2) fresh bay leaves
- 12 (12) black peppercorns
- 1 pinch (1 pinch) salt flakes
- 1 cup (1 cup) water
STOVE TOP METHOD
- Place whole jalapeños into large saucepan over high heat. Turn as they blister. Keep doing this until they are completely blistered all over.
- Add remaining ingredients and ring to boil. Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes or until jalapeños are soft.
- Take off heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled slice jalapeños discard bay leaves and store in sterilized jars.
- Finely slice jalapenos.
- Add all ingredients to Thermomix® and cook 20 minutes/98℃/reverse/stir/MC off/Simmer Basket on top.
- Store in a steralised jar in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Deseed if you prefer a milder chilli.
- You can indeed use any chilli of preference.
Your Own Notes
13 responses to “Escabeche (Pickled Jalapenos)”
I always enjoy pickled jalapenos and this version is my favorite because it doesn’t have lots of salt
Great recipe. I need to make more jars of this!
These were fabulous and had just the right amount of heat for me! I’m currently putting them with almost everything!
love a good pickled recipe! so delicious!
An amazing idea more people should try! I love pickled anything.
These look amazing. Looks like I will need to buy a jalapeño bush… hehe