My Smoky Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad is pretty damn easy but let me tell you it doesn’t shortcut on the flavour at all! It is just so delicious!
While I am obviously always cooking or developing recipes it might come as a surprise that I actually absolutely hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
I call myself a lazy cook, but in reality I guess with what I do for my lifestyle I could barely say that I am actually very lazy in the kitchen. However, when it comes to making my own meals I want to get in and get out.
I hope you have all noticed that my recipes are not super labour intensive. If the recipe actually takes a long time to cook that is usually because it is cooked low and slow, or a long baking period.
This smoky ranch chicken salad is easy, tasty and totally fits easily within anyone’s macros.
Winning friends with Salad
I grew up mostly eating salad. We always had a tonne of vegetables in our house and I loved eating a bit of seafood (I didn’t eat meat at all). I had to have a dressing it would be something very simple and quick like this smoky ranch.
Now that we are in spring and heading into summer I want plenty of options in quick and easy salads to make in a matter of minutes or to create ahead of time in mason jars.
Along with this smoky ranch dressing and chicken salad, I also love the Baja Chicken Salad from Real Food Real Fast, Chicken Almond Salad and the Pumpkin Bacon Feta Salad from Savour.
Team these salads with some of the Best Keto Bread and you can make a double batch. One for now and one for a sandwich the following day.
Hate chicken? Not a ham eater? Here is just a few alternatives to either change it up a little or give yourself a range to make along these same lines.
- swap chicken for lamb backstrap
- swap ham for salami or hard boiled or poached egg
- substitute the chipotle powder for sumac, smoked paprika, or ground dill
- for a vegetarian version, swap out the chicken and ham for haloumi and grilled eggplant or zucchini
- for a vegan version omit chicken, ham, and cheese and substitute grilled vegetables and chilli tofu
Spend less time in the kitchen and makes some simple healthy fat meals like this smoky ranch chicken salad and have more time chillin outside with the family or a good book.
Next Recipes To Try
Here are just a few more delicious keto recipes to try soon.
Smokey Ranch Chicken Salad
- 1/4 (1/4) avocado
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) nigella seeds or black sesame seeds
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) pre-cooked chicken breast sliced
- 40 g (1 ⅖ oz) ham roughly chopped
- 1 cup (1 cup) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup (½ cup) lettuce
- 3 (3) cherry tomatoes halved
- 30 g (1 oz) cheese I use gouda
- Mix all ingredients and taste. If it requires any more lemon or seasoning adjust to taste. Pour dressing into glass jar and reserve.
- Press one side of the avocado into the nigella seeds. Reserve
- Mix all salad ingredients in bowl or plate and top with avocado and dressing.
2. For a vegetarian version substitute the meats for sliced mushrooms, cucumber, and pumpkin.
3. For a vegan dressing swap the sour cream for coconut yoghurt, and mayonnaise for a vegan mayonnaise.
4. This recipe works perfect for Mason Jar salads. Just add your dressing to the bottom and layer the salad.
5. Best to eat within 24 hours of making.
Your Own Notes
4 responses to “Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad”
I have died and gone to heaven. Another ‘drop dead’ delicious recipe from Megan, the new keto, thermi guru goddess. Thank you so much xxx
The whole family had this for lunch today and we all loved it. We used sumac as the spice in the dressing and left out the ham. Thank you for this great recipe.
Cannot wait to make this.. every meal we have made from Madcreations has been a massive hit with everyone