Keto Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad
My Keto Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad is one salad that you can win friends with. So much flavour in this easy keto dish.
If you love a great fresh crunchy salad loaded with plenty of Asian umami then here is your new go to keto chicken salad recipe.
Keto Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad Ingredients
This keto chicken salad uses ingredients you can easily source from the local supermarket.
Another two products I love to have in my fridge are the Gourmet Garden tubes of fresh lemongrass and ginger in paste form. It makes whipping up any meal and absolute breeze. You can find both of them in the fridge section in the vegetable aisle.
How to Make the best keto chicken salad
If you love easy salads, then you are going to love making the sweet chilli chicken salad. Honestly, other than marinating the chicken, this recipe is dead easy and quick.
Firstly, mix the marinade ingredients and coat the chicken. Cover and chill the chicken for 2 hours.
Sprinkle over the spices and bake in a hot oven. Allow the chicken to rest before slicing. During this time mix the dressing and salad.
Mix it all together for one of the yummiest easy keto chicken salad.
To make this a keto vegan salad simply omit the chicken and marinade. Just use the ingredients in the slaw and dressing. Alternatively, you can use plant-based meat as a substitute.
Want more of the best keto salad recipes
Whether you like hot salad or a cold salad I have a few that will serve you well all year round. Here are just a few of my favourites.
- Keto Tabbouleh Salad – using hemp hearts
- Keto “Potato Salad”
- Keto Big Mac Salad Bowl
- Baja Keto Chicken Salad
- Smoky Ranch Chicken Salad
Connect with our Keto Community
Join us on social media today and make some new friends.
Instagram is a great place if you want to see a regular stream of what I am up to in the kitchen, plus a few easy recipes that I put on there instead of the website.
Or use the link below to find out more about our Keto Club, The 365 and all the meal plans and eBooks included!
Keto Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad
- 2 tablespoons gold sweetener See Notes
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or chilli and garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar also known as Chinkiang, See Notes
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- Salt flakes and black pepper
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup wombok cabbage shredded (or napa cabbage)
- 1/4 small red capsicum julienned
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 20 g peanuts or toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Mix the sweetener, sriracha, black vinegar, lime zest and juice in a large bowl. Massage marinade into chicken and leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine spices in separate bowl and reserve.
- Place the marinated chicken fillets in a single layer onto the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle with spices.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning and basting with marinade half way. Bake chicken until it is caramelised and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Allow chicken to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
GINGER LEMON DRESSING
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small jar. Put the lid on and give a good shake to combine. Reserve.
- In a large bowl toss all salad ingredients. Add cooked chicken and dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.