The Keto Big Mac Salad is the perfect way to enjoy a new “keto approved” version of the very iconic takeaway burger!
I really need to say that this keto salad recipe is perfectly delicious even if you were never a fan of the McDonalds burger.
Personally I was never a Big Mac Burger person. However, these days I love beef and I have always been a pickle fan, so this kind of salad is totally up my alley.
I think we are always looking for cheap and easy keto salad recipes that can all be made in a flash and this is just one of those recipes. You can make this for dinner ad serve the meat hot with the salad or it is perfect to made ahead of time as well. Think great lunch box salad for the school yard or the office, and also perfect as a keto mason jar salad.
- Beef mince – you can substitute any kind of ground meat you like
- Salt and pepper – I keep the seasoning very basic
- Lettuce – I prefer the very crispy and tasty iceberg lettuce
- Onion – white, brown or red onion can be used
- Dill pickles – I use the sugar free variety
- Cheese – pick your favourite
- Keto Big Mac Special Sauce – click for the full recipe to make your own special burger sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
How to Make the Big Mac Salad
Season ground beef with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
In a large base frypan over medium high heat fry ground beef until nicely browned and cooked through. Alternatively, you can roll the mince into little meatballs.
In 2 serving bowls place half of the lettuce and top with beef mince, cheese, onion, pickles and Keto Big Mac Sauce. Add other optional salad ingredients if using. Serve immediately.
Other Great Ground Beef Recipes
- Keto Mexican Beef Burger
- Keto Chilli Con Carne
- Slow Cooked Keto Meatloaf
- Aussie Keto Chilli Beef
- Easy Keto Beef Lasagna
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | 365 |
Keto Big Mac Salad Bowl
- 300 g ground beef mince
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded (50g)
- 1 tbsp onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp dill pickles finely diced
- 2 tbsp Keto Big Mac Sauce click for link to recipe
- 1/2 avocado finely diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes quartered
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- In a large base frypan over medium high heat fry ground beef until nicely browned and cooked through.
- In 2 serving bowls place half of the lettuce and top with beef mince, cheese, onion, pickles and Keto Big Mac Sauce. Add other optional salad ingredients if using. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer to serve this as a cold salad, cool beef mince before adding to salad.
- Also works perfect for a Mason Jar Salad. Just add Keto Big Mac Sauce to the bottom of the jar and top with remaining ingredients and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Ground beef can be substituted for any ground meat or seafood.
Your Own Notes
Want more recipes for the keto diet? Check out our store packed full of keto cookbooks. Check out our cookbooks.
One of my favourites 😍 Hubby gets burger in the bun and I get this beautiful salad! Everyone is happy and cravings for Big Mac are satisfied 👍😀
I love it too!
So happy, I can now have a healthy version of a Big Mac all the kids loved this
This is such a favourite. I recently bought a couple of books which are fabulous but this recipe is my number 1. It ticks all the boxes. So yummy and easy.
Delicious!! Thank you!
My new favorite salad bowl.Simple ingredients and quick easy to make.The special sauce is delicious.
It is pretty spesh for something so simple isnt it Debbie. I am so glad you enjoyed it and thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review.
Hi Meg, looks yummy but will substitute beef for protein plant based mince or chicken mince, shouldn’t upset the taste too much as i dont eat red meat including pork
I simply fell in love with this keto big mac salad on the first bite, the keto big mac sauce really made the dish deliciously flavorful and scrumptious. This made my keto diet even more easy!
That is so awesome Veronica
Thank you for this awesome looking and healthy recipe