This Chicken Avocado Almond Salad made every week day for many years, in a cafe I ran many many years ago.
It was the Chicken No 3 on the menu board and was VERY popular!
The only changes I have made is ensure that I use a sugar free mayo, or make my own for the dressing.
Included in our up coming meal plans in 365, this a recipe that takes no time to make at all. I am definitely one for not having to spend too much time on anything we make in the kitchen. I think we can all appreciate spending less time at food prep that is for sure. If you are a fan of my Baja Chicken then this will probably be a new favourite for you.
This cold weather we are having at the moment makes me feel less like eating salads than at any other time of the year. Preparing a salad with some fresh baked protein helps to get the greens in and strike a bit of a balance. I have been making so many soups lately that this meal is a nice break and has actually inspired me to get back into some more salads.
I hope you love this recipe. Trust me back in the day, it was a massive seller!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | 365 |
Chicken Avocado Almond Salad with Mustard Cream
- 150 g chicken breast
- 1 tsp lemon pepper or fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1/4 avocado sliced thinly
- 25 g toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 30 g crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 small Lebanese cucumber deseeded and sliced thinly
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise sugar free
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 170 ℃
- Slice your chicken breast into even strips approximately 5 x 2 cm
- Season with lemon pepper and smoked paprika
- Spray with EVOO Spray
- Cook in oven for 12 minutes turning halfway, until cooked through
- Meanwhile, prepare your dressing
- Mix mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard to make your dressing
- Serve chicken with salad, topped with toasted almonds, avocado and seeded mustard dressing
- Season to taste
Love this salad! Have to leave out the smoked paprika as hubby doesn’t like it but it is still delicious!
This is one of the best salads for taste and satisfaction! My husband likes to eat and he really really loved this one!
Will be on our favs list!