I love a good keto chilli beef recipe and this one has been a favorite for as long as I can remember!
It is a super simple recipe that can be made from beginning to end in just 30 minutes! I have included both an Instant Pot method as well and a keto chilli in the Thermomix. Woohoo!
Why We Love This Recipe
Why is this keto chilli recipe the one for me?
It is quick and easy! Yep, less than 30 minutes in a pot or I can just pop it all into the Thermomix or the Instant Pot and leave all the cooking to them.
It is amazingly versatile. Eat the chili by the bowlful, sandwiched in one of our Mad Creations Soft Wraps or fill a pie with it. So many options.
Not a spicy chilli fan and just want a great keto chili recipe? Just reduce the cayenne pepper and you are good to go.
The Ingredients You Need to Make It
The ingredients used might look like a lot, but they are mostly just cheap pantry ingredients. You probably have everything at home (or almost) to make this keto chilli recipe right now.
Scroll down to the full recipe to find the full recipe and measures of the ingredients used.
Ground beef – try not to use lean ground beef. I use an 80/20 beef to fat ratio of grass-fed organic beef.
Chipotles in adobo – are found in the Mexican food section of most supermarkets. You can also use dried chipotles. You can see them in my photo above. I leave them whole when cooking and mash them in after the chili beef is cooked.
Vegemite – I use Vegemite in a lot of my sauces and keto beef recipes as it adds a delicious saltiness and depth to the sauce. You can substitute Marmite or extra salt, if preferred.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Dry fry the spices until fragrant.
Step 2. Add the oil, onion, garlic and bacon. Fry until the onion has softened.
Step 3. Add the ground beef and fry until the beef has browned.
Step 4. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until rich and thick.
Tips for Success and FAQs
Yes, you can! I have included instructions in the recipe card. When making this keto chili in the Instant Pot (or similar) do not stir through the liquid. Just pour and set to pressure cook. This reduces the chance of a burn warning.
This chili recipe is mild in my opinion. But if you are sensitive to spices then reduce the cayenne. The chipotles impart a smokey flavor but can also be reduced.
Of course! Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze in an airtight container.
More Recipes to Try
We all love great cheap and easy keto recipes. Here are just a few of my favourite easy beef keto dinners that are fuss-free and delicious.
- Keto Big Mac Salad Bowl
- Keto Sichuan Beef and Broccoli
- Keto Taco Recipe Easy Crispy Tacos <2g Net Carbs per Taco
- The Best Keto Taco Salad with Ground Beef
- Easy Keto Beef Lasagna
- Or check out all our amazing keto chicken recipes too!
I really hope you love my super simple keto chili recipe. If you do make it and share it on socials don’t forget to tag me or join our keto community and share it there too. I love seeing my recipes enjoyed and shared.
Happy cooking! – Meg xox
Aussie Keto Chilli Beef
- Frying pan
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) paprika
- 50 g (3.5 tbsp) olive oil
- 50 g (1.5 oz) onion
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic
- 500 g (1 lb) beef mince
- 150 g (5 oz) bacon diced
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Vegemite or Marmite
- 80 g (5 tbsp) tomato paste
- 40 g (2.5 tbsp) chipotles in adobo
- 1 cup (1 cup) beef bone broth or stock
- 400 g (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (1 cup) water or Bighead 0 carb beer
- crumbled feta
- fresh coriander leaves
- sour cream
- Crispy Waffles
- Dry fry the cayenne, cumin, coriander, paprika in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic and fry until the onion softens.
- Add the ground beef and bacon and cook until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat and add Vegemite, tomato paste, chipotles, bone broth, tomatoes and water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until mixture is thick and liquid has reduced by half.
- Serve with crumbled cheese, fresh coriander and waffle toasts
- Add the cayenne, cumin, coriander,and paprika to the mixer; cook 2 min100℃/reverse/stir.
- Add oil, garlic, and onion: chop 4 seconds/speed 8. Scrape sides of bowl; 5 min/90℃/reverse/stir.
- Add mince and bacon; cook 8 min/100℃/reverse/stir. Break up any clumps of meat with a spatula if needed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook 35 minutes/100℃/reverse/stir/MC OFF/simmer basket on lid. Check that the sauce is reduced and extend time if needed.
- Dry fry Add the cayenne, cumin, coriander, and paprika in a saucepan over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic; sauté until translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients including the reserved spices. Do not mix through. Set the multicooker to High/Pressure Cook/10 minutes. (Alternatively slow cook/6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Your Own Notes
20 responses to “Aussie Keto Chilli Recipe”
Cooked with the Thermie. Smelt wonderful cooking. Very liquid after the first 35 mins of cooking. Have put on for another 35 min cook. Am not a fan of mince cooked in the Thermomix. Way too much liquid. If I try this again I won’t add extra liquid as fat from the meat also adds to the liquid content. A little disappointed with the final result. I will try it again though. And maybe cook it in a pan on the stove rather than a Thermomix.
Wow, this was amazing. I made it on stove top even though I have a thermomix. I did add extra chipotle in adobo to give some extra heat and served with grated cheese and sour cream. Absolutely delicious.
I have done a double batch in the Thermomix, and didn’t include the last water/beer and it is still very soupy. I am running it for another 30 mins in the Thermomix to see if I can reduce it down even further. Next time I might only add in half the amount of beef stock to see if that helps.
I can’t wait for it to be finished though! It smells and tastes great!
I have kids in the house, so only went with 1/4 tsp of Cayenne in my double batch. I’ll be serving theirs with corn chips and mine with steamed veges.
Thanks Megan – about to do my second batch so will reduce the water down and see how it goes!
This was delicious – and the family loved it! However, I did find it very liquidy – I did a double mix in my slow cooker, then needed to reduce the liquid down quite a lot after cooking. I’m going to do this again – but may cut the added water down. I wondered if it was to do with my method of cooking – I could imagine the instant pot would use more liquid through the cooking process.
I’ve been obsessed with Chilli for 30 years, and this recipe has become my new normal. The depth added by Vegemite is amazing, and I love the addition of Chipotles in Adobo. My only change is adding diced mushroom cups. Highly recommend trying this recipe even if you’re unsure of adding Vegemite.
Not much to say except yum!
Sorry my typing on my phone was aweful!!! I should have checked it before submitting….. 23 cups was meant to be 2 cups!
Great flavour but more like a soup, is that what it is meant to be, wSreally liquid after pressure cooking and needed to be reduced by at least 32 cups, so would reduce a lot of the fluid next time….
This Aussie Keto Chilli Beef is absolutely the most perfect comfort food in a bowl. It’s actually the most requested meal by my hubby and we have it on rotation regularly and in the freezer for those “I can’t be bothered cooking “ days . I make a double batch every time now.
If you love your chilli then do yourself a favour and make this Aussie chilli beef.
What is Aussiemite?
Finally a flavoursome chilli with some kick! Loved it – thanks for the recipe.
Put this together quickly this morning for an early dinner with friends, didn’t have the chipotles but mama! Still a good fire!!! Quick and tasty ! Thank you x
This is a delicious chilli! I did mine in the slow coooker with beef cubes rather than mince and it was amazing. Hubby and the kids devoured it too which is a big bonus.
Such a flavoursome chilli. It left a little burning fire in my belly, which indicates just the right amount of heat.
Thank you for yet another great recipe. Not missing out on anything following your recipes and this way of eating.