My keto taco salad is so quick and easy to make. Packed with everyday easy to source keto ingredients. Delicious in every bite and perfect at any time of the day.
I love Mexican food and this salad is bang on with great flavours. Simple to whip up for a midweek meal or a great weekend dish all year round.
Keto Taco Salad Ingredients
Everything in the taco salad is easy to source. I am trying to make most of our recipes have completely accessible ingredients to everyone across the globe.
Here is all you need to make the best keto taco salad ever! (Trust me it is delicious!) 😂
How to make a Taco Salad Keto
While the ingredients list may look long for our keto taco salad recipe the whole dish is super quick to make.
To address just a few dietary needs, you can change this recipe to suit. For vegetarian swap the beef mince for chunky cauliflower or broccoli rice.
For a keto vegan taco salad recipe simple swap the mince for the above or use plant-based mince. The cheese can be left out or swapped for vegan cheese. And the dressing use two tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise and a tablespoon of tahini in place of the mayonnaise and sour cream.
So how do make a taco salad low carb?
Sadly, there are no corn, beans or rice in this recipe. It is funny that even though I used to eat a lot of all three I don’t miss them.
This salad has loads of flavour, soft and crunchy bits and a great dressing to keep you happy.
Heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef. While this recipe uses ground beef (beef mince) you can of course use any other ground meat or even shredded meats, or seafood. Just make it your way.
While the beef is browning combine all the pico de gallo ingredients in a small bowl or jar. For our keto Thermomix users; chop 3 sec/speed 4. Increase the time if you prefer a finer pico.
Combine the dressing ingredients until smooth.
Divide the salad between serving bowls or a platter and top with the browned beef. The taco salad can be served hot or cold.
For a perfect taco mason jar salad add the dressing and avocado to the bottom of the jar. Top with the ground beef and then the salad. Screw the lid on tight and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Either eat straight from the jar or empty the contents into a large bowl and mix to combine.
As a serving suggestion I have also included our delicious Mad Creations Soft Wraps. Available in a premix these wraps are perfect for a keto soft taco wrap or you can fry them into crispy keto tortilla chips as well. So easy and pretty delicious too!
Keto Taco Salad Dressing
In my opinion every salad has to have a great dressing. Instead of just serving our taco salad with sour cream and guacamole I mixed it up a bit.
The Easy Smokey Ranch Dressing is a winner in my opinion. It has the tang and seasoning of a good ranch and the smokiness of the chipotles.
Increase the quantities to make a larger batch of this dressing if preferred. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week (depending on best before of the sour cream). It is also perfect for a sauce when warmed through with beef, chicken, shredded pork. Or, add some cheese when heating and make it smokey queso keto dip. #yummo
Want More Great Keto Salad Recipes
Want more easy keto salad recipes? Here are just a few of my favourites.
- Keto Tabbouleh Salad
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad
- Keto “Potato Salad”
- Keto Big Mac Salad Bowl
- Smoky Ranch Chicken Salad
For More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
I have become such a fan of beef mince I never realised it. Looking back at all the keto recipes I use it in it appears I love using it. Here are just a few of the best keto ground beef recipes I have done over the years.
- Easy Keto Beef Lasagna
- Keto Chilli Con Carne
- Italian Keto Meatloaf Recipe
- Aussie Keto Chilli Beef
- Keto Cheese Bacon and Beef Pies – OMG!
Join our Keto Community
Join our fabulous keto community on multiple channels and get support from others following the keto lifestyle.
Keto Taco Salad
QUICK PICO DE GALLO
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1 small tomato finely diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli salt or Tajin Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
EASY SMOKEY RANCH
- 2 cups Romaine or Iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- Fresh coriander leaves sliced spring onions, lime wedges
- Mad Creations Wraps or tortilla chips
- Add avocado oil to a large wide saucepan over medium-high heat. Once hot add taco seasoning and ground beef and cook until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile prepare pico; add all ingredients to a small bowl or jar; toss or shake to combine and set aside.
- In another small bowl combine all the easy ranch ingredients together and reserve.
- Divide lettuce between 4 serving bowls. Top with ground beef, a drizzle of the ranch dressing, cheese and avocado. Garnish with coriander leaves, spring onions, and lime wedges.
- Add avocado oil to the mixer bowl and heat 3 min/100°C/speed 1. Add taco seasoning and ground beef and cook 8 min/120°C/reverse/speed 2. Discard any cooking liquid and set aside. Alternatively, for any TM6 owners divide the mince into two equal amounts and use the sizzle function to brown. Or prepare as per step 1 in conventional method for a nicely browned beef.
- To a clean bowl add all pico ingredients and chop 3 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat if a finer dice is preferred.
- Place all the easy ranch ingredients into the mixer bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 3. Transfer to a small bowl and reserve.
- Divide lettuce between 4 serving bowls. Top with ground beef, a drizzle of the ranch dressing, cheese and avocado. Garnish with coriander leaves, hemp seeds, spring onions, and lime wedges.
- Use avocado or olive oil.
- Any ground meat of choice can be used. Substitute, strips of beef, shredded chicken, pork or lamb.
- For a vegan alternative use plant-based mince.
- Chipotles in adobo can be found in most supermarkets. I dont find them spicy but if the dressing is too hot for you add more sour cream.
- Can be layered in a Mason Jar for lunches. See blog post for more details.
Your Own Notes
18 responses to “The Best Keto Taco Salad with Ground Beef”
This was an easy dinner idea that was full of flavor. It will definitely be on repeat!
Love everything in this salad. No shortage of flavor or texture, love the smokiness in the dressing.
A great healthy choice for lunch!
Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! I cut and toasted a few of the Mad Creations wraps, then scooped out the salad with that mostly instead of a fork and it was delicious.
I love taco salad but don’t typically like ranch dressing but had to give this a try because it sounded so good. The dressing was amazing and the salad itself was perfect as a low carb, hearty dinner.
All the flavours of tacos in a salad! Such a delicious recipe. I’ve made it twice already!
This taco salad is my new favourite lunch! Just made it today, and now I’m thinking about making it again tomorrow. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe 🙂
I like to eat low-carb when I can for lunches and this keto taco salad had of my favorite taco salad ingredients, just without the carbs.
It is indeed ‘Wow’ as Vicky says Megan. We had this for dinner tonight with your Soft Wraps and so delicious. I had mine on a plate with wrap and the taco fillings on top and used a knife and fork – my DH though had his soft wrap with filling and folded up and was so impressed his wrap didn’t fall apart. This will certainly be a regular on our menu. Thank you.
Wow. Flavour plus and extra easy. We had it just as a bowl, no wrap. The meal was very satisfying. Thanks Megan, going to do this again for sure