Keto Fathead Dough | Fathead Pastry
Mad Creations Ketogenic Fathead Dough is easily one of the most versatile keto recipes there is.
Use it for pies, pizzas, sausage rolls, scrolls flat breads and bagels. Fathead has limitless uses I am sure.
Check out my yummy Vegemite Scrolls using the fathead they are sooo good.
200 g mozzarella – the pre-shredded stuff is good to use, just check the ingredients.
50 g cream cheese – cream cheese can be substituted with butter.
100 g almond meal – almond meal can be substituted with a 1/4 cup coconut flour, or chia flour or even golden flax meal (for a nut free fathead recipe)
Optional – garlic salt
Keto Fathead Dough Variations
As mentioned above there are few substitutions and variations you can make with a fathead dough.
To be honest my favourite version is with golden flax meal in place of the almond meal. It gives a better flavour to the dough in my opinion.
Also another little tip to make the best low carb pastry is to add 1 – 2 tablespoons of baking powder (I use aluminium free double acting). When you add baking powder the mix will get foamy and require a little bit of extra effort to mix together. Adding the baking powder results in a puffier slightly risen pastry. It is so damn good.
Recipes that use Keto Fathead Dough
- Kofta Fathead Sausage Rolls
- Super Easy Keto Lahmacun
- Mad Creations Keto “ChikOH” Rolls
- Delicious Keto Bagels – gluten free
- Keto Breakfast Quesadilla
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Ketogenic Fathead Dough
- 200 g mozzarella grated
- 50 g cream cheese
- 100 g almond flour I just blitz almonds 10 seconds / speed 10
- 1 egg
- pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- Fresh herbs seeds like fennel seeds or caraway would be fabulous
- Add cheese, cream cheese, almond flour into a large bowl
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Stir to combine and add in remaining ingredients.
- Roll between 2 sheets of baking paper to your desired shape and thickness. Use as per recipe instructions.
- I have used this dough in the Chicken Carbonara Sausage Rolls, and the Kofta Sausage Rolls.
- By no means am I claiming a truly original creation here, and there are many other online for you try to find your favourite version.
- This recipe is suitable to freeze cooked or uncooked.
Want more recipes for the keto diet? Check out our store packed full of keto cookbooks. Check out our cookbooks.