Keto Cheese and Bacon Scrolls with Fathead Dough
Our super easy keto cheese and bacon scrolls are going to be your new favourite recipe. Trust me these rolls are are super simple and absolutely freakin tasty!
With some basic keto pantry essential ingredients you will be overjoyed to be able to whip these up for a super simple meal. YES meal!
They are very filling but very moorish, so make sure you have your willpower in check when you make them.
Keto cheese and bacon scroll ingredients
These mozzarella dough keto scrolls are so easy, here is all you need to make them.
How to make a fathead scroll
Here is my super easy step by step guide to not only make these keto cheese and bacon scrolls but any kind of fathead roll recipe.
Whether you want to make our super easy Vegemite and Cheese Scroll recipe or create your own fathead pizza pinwheel scroll recipe (or more) it is so simple.
Here is my very basic guide to making the best keto rolls with seriously very little effort!
Other great fathead recipes
So many uses for fathead dough. Here are just a few of my favourites,
- Keto Chiko Rolls
- Delicious Keto Bagels
- Super Easy Keto Lahmacun
- Kofta Fathead Sausage Rolls
- Keto Breakfast Quesadilla
- Mexican Keto Chicken Pizza
Join our amazing gang on social media
We have what we think is a pretty amazing community on social media. Whatever your flavour hopefully we are there. Otherwise tell us what we need to hook up to next.
Join us and shout out loud and proud on
Watch me make cheese and bacon pinwheel scrolls
I won’t lie, but this video seriously shows you how to make the BEST fathead dough. After years of fart-assing around with various methods I have achieved a miracle.
Watch this video and tell me if you have been making a keto fathead dough with this method. Honestly the texture is so different and all it takes is a few ingredients added at a different time.
I hope you love this recipe and if you do let us know in the comments below how you went making it and anything your did differently or would recommend.
Keto Cheese and Bacon Scrolls
- 50 g mozzarella shredded
- 50 g tasty cheese shredded
- 100 g bacon cooked and diced
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat cheese and cream cheese in microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes on high. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs and baking powder. Stir to combine (mixture should foam up a lot). See Note 1.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined and until no longer sticky. See Note 2
- Flatten dough out into large 40 cm x 30 cm rectangle.
- Spread over bacon and top with cheese. Roll into a tight sausage lengthwise. Cut into 10 equal pieces.
- Place onto prepared baking tray. Bake 14 – 16 minutes or until lightly golden all over.
2. Xanthan gum can be omitted BUT I do not recommend it. It’s purpose here is to create a gluten-like bread. It also helps in absorbing the fats and making the dough a lot less sticky and gives it a much better consistency and holding power. 3. Almond Meal can be substituted with almond flour, or flax meal. 4. Working the dough before rolling out can take a few minutes. The dough will be very sticky at first but the more you work it with your spatula the less sticky and more “dough like” it will become. Don’t give up, just keep churning it and get some exercise while making these delicious scrolls.
4. Best kept in the fridge for up to 5 days. Alternatively enclose in an airtight ziplock bag and freeze for later.
5. Add any of your favourite rolls ingredients with or instead of cheese and bacon. This recipe also makes great pizza scrolls.