Keto Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
These Keto Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls are seriously “all that and a bag of chips.” Even those of you who are gluten intolerant can now enjoy gluten free Vegemite! Hurrah!
Anyway aside from that these are insanely good! Make sure you have some friends or family nearby so you don’t eat too many. This is a problem when you make tasty keto cheese scrolls.
KETO VEGEMITE AND CHEESE SCROLL INGREDIENTS
These keto Vegemite and cheese scrolls are so simple to make and most ingredients should be found in all local supermarkets. For our Mad Cooks in other other countries you can use any of your favourite spreads or toppings as a substitute for the Vegemite if you wish.
- 250g Mozzarella
- 65g cream cheese
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder, I use Bobs Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 150g almond meal
- salt flakes
- 100g grated cheese – just use whatever you prefer
- 2-3 teaspoons of Vegemite (or alternatives)
HOW TO MAKE KETO VEGEMITE AND CHEESE SCROLLS
Knowing how to make a keto savoury scroll is a good thing. Using this simple dough you can make all different types of scrolls when you need to.
When I make them I just lay out the keto bagel dough on a large silicone mat. Firstly push into a rectangle with your hands and then roll out into a large rectangle approximately 20 x 30cm and about 2cm thick.
Spread the keto bagel dough with the Vegemite (to your preferred taste) top with cheese and then roll from the long end until you have a long sausage.
Cut into 8 even pieces and place onto the prepared baking tray. bake until cooked through and golden. (I do use a fan-forced oven so it could take longer depending on your oven type).
Use other toppings like cream cheese, goat cheese, bacon or jalapeños just to name a few.
HUNGRY FOR MORE KETO BREAD RECIPES?
Many of you will know I have quite the range of breads. Not only what is on the site but I do have a HUGE eBook with 65 recipes within, aptly called Keto Bread. You can grab a copy in store if you love all kinds of keto and low carb breads, and our amazing Keto Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls.
Here are just a few of my favourites on the website for you to checkout.
- Daily Keto Bread
- Keto Banana Bread
- Low Carb Loaf
- Breadmaker Stuffed Bread
- Feta & Olive Low Carb Focaccia
Watch how I work the dough and make fathead scrolls
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Keto Vegemite Cheese Scrolls
- 1 prepared batch of Bagel Dough
- 2-3 teaspoons Vegemite Aussiemite or other
- 1 cup grated cheese I use grated tasty or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 180℃. Line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Prepare bagel dough up to the ball stage
- Flatten dough out into large 30 cm x 20 cm rectangle.
- Spread with Vegemite and top with cheese. Roll into a tight sausage lengthwise. Cut into 8- 10 equal pieces.
- Place onto prepared baking tray. Bake 10 – 12 minutes.
- Eat warm or allow to cool on a wire rack