Why we Love This Recipe
Low carb – This whole Palmini pasta recipe has only 2g net carbs per serve.
Easy Ingredients – you can use just about any noodle of choice in this recipe.
Fast & Easy – just the way I love every recipe to be!
Thermal-cooker friendly – I have included how to make this low carb carbonara pasta in both the Thermomix and a Magimix. I am lucky enough to own both and regularly use my thermal cookers so you will find loads of keto Thermomix recipes on the website too.
Keep reading for more details on the ingredients, substitutes and step by step instructions on how to make them.
The Ingredients you will Need
Yeah, I know some of the ingredients aren’t traditionally used in a Carbonara Pasta. But, this Palmini Noodles Keto Carbonara is a “saucy” low carb pasta with loads of flavor.
I have added cream to this recipe but have still included instructions for the traditional whole egg. Some of us occasionally want a creamy pasta, right? And, well, mushrooms in my opinion make everything taste better! Haha!
Palmini Linguine is made with hearts of palm. It is very low carb and calorie. With only 20 kCal and 2g net carbs per serve.
Heavy Cream or two eggs lightly whisked. Heavy cream or thickened cream can be used in this recipe
Mushrooms are not traditionally used in a carbonara (boscaiola) but this way is so much better in my opinion. Use them or lose them.
Bacon – I use a smoked rindless bacon. You can substitute ham, ham hock meat, pancetta or prosciutto.
What is Palmini Pasta ?
Palmini Pasta is made from hearts of palm (trees). It is naturally very low in carbs and calories, making it a perfect keto pasta alternative. The Palmini brand also make Lasagna Pasta and Keto Rice.
I can honestly say it is my preferred keto pasta of choice. I have not yet tried the Palmini Rice but will be getting some very soon to try as well. The best bit about the Palmini noodles is that they are a perfect keto pantry product. You can have delicious, tasty keto pasta ready in just minutes or even use it to add extra deliciousness to keto soups and stews.
How to Make It in Easy Step by Step
Step 1: Cook the bacon and mushrooms until lightly golden.
Step 2: Add the cream and parmesan (if using) and cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
Step 3. Add the Palmini linguine and cook until heated through and sauce is thick. (If using the eggs; whisk through after the pasta has heated through. Remove from the heat and stir until the pasta is coated with the sauce, and the egg does not scramble). Serve with fresh chives.
Hot Tips and FAQs
It may be available in some local supermarkets or stores, but is not stocked nationally by any of the big brands.
You can use any pasta of choice. Enoki mushrooms and zucchini noodles are both great low carb pasta choices.
The Palmini noodles are very neutral in flavor. They have a slightly lemony flavour with an al-dente like “bite” to them. They are great with any kind of low carb sauce recipes, or even to add to a salad and tossed in a dressing or fresh pesto sauce.
I personally find it works best if I add the beaten eggs while the pasta is taken off the heat, to provide gentle heat that will cook the eggs and not curdle or scramble them. Fold through the parmesan and season well.
More Related Recipes
- Easy Keto Beef Lasagna
- Easy Keto Cheese Sauce
- Keto Mushroom Sauce Creamy and So Easy!
- Italian Meatball Minestrone Soup – It is Crazy Good!
- Keto Pesto Recipe | Easy Zero Carb Pesto Sauce
Love this Keto Palmini Noodles Keto Carbonara recipe? If you love it, please rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a review to help others know that this is a great recipe.
Palmini Noodles Keto Carbonara
- (Alt) Magimix and/or Thermomix
- 1 tsp garlic paste or crushed garlic
- 2 rashers bacon sliced into strips
- 1.5 cups mushrooms roughly chopped
- 0.75 cup thickened or heavy cream or lightly beaten eggs
- 150 g Palmini Linguine drained, or zoodles
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese finely grated
- Salt flakes and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped to serve
- In a large skillet on medium high-high heat, fry the garlic paste, bacon and mushrooms until lightly golden.
- Add the cream and drained Palmini noodles. Simmer until the cream has thickened and the noodles are warmed through. Stir the parmesan through the sauce and season to taste. Serve with chopped chives. (If using the eggs in place of cream, see notes.)
- (I add 1 tbsp oil or butter when using a thermo-cooker). Add the bacon and mushrooms to the bowl; cook 5 min/100°C/reverse/speed 2/centre cap off.
- Add the cream; cook 10 min/110°C/reverse/speed 2/centre cap off.
- Place the noodles into the mixer and push into the sauce; cook for a further 5-10 min/110°C/reverse/speed 2/centre cap off until cream has thickened. Stir the parmesan through the sauce and season to taste. Serve with chopped chives.
- Add the garlic, bacon and mushrooms into the cooking bowl; set to EXPERT mode 5 mins/speed 3/110°C/cap off.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the cream and noodles; set to EXPERT mode 10 mins/speed 1A/110°C.
Your Own Notes
10 responses to “Palmini Noodles Keto Carbonara”
Love this gluten free version of a classic! So many great flavors and textures.
I’ve made carbonara with konjac noodles but didnt think of having them with palmini noodles. Wow, what a game changer. Loved it.
What a great recipe with so many helpful tips! Can’t wait to try this!
I am always looking for good Keto recipes and came across this one. I recently discovered Palmini noodles and your recipe was so easy and tasted delicious!! I will be making this again!! Thank you for sharing!
We all like great tasty food, right? Well this is so tasty and so easy to make. The sauce is delicious. You must try it, if you haven’t. Well done Megan.