Why You’ll Love this recipe
Low in Carbs – at only 2g net carbs everyone will love these for Easter.
Easy to Make – surprisingly very simple to make
Sugar free and gluten free – that’s right! No sugar or gluten in this recipe. Using keto chocolate for the coating and sugar free sweeteners keep these keto Easter eggs healthy and delicious!
Scroll to the recipe card below to get the full list of ingredients and the amounts you need to make these delicious low carb caramel eggs.
Heavy or Thicken Cream
How To Make Keto Easter Eggs
FAQs and Hot Tips
More Recipes To Try
We all love good healthy low carb keto recipes at holiday season. We have a few great recipes that will help you our for a tasty low carb Easter.
- Sugar-Free Keto Glazed Ham
- Rolled Turkey Breast with Herb Stuffing
- Lemon Curd Cake
- Sugar Free Pavlova
- Keto Caramelized White Chocolate | Copycat Sugar Free Caramilk
- Layered Keto Cake | The Best Ombre Cake
Keto Easter Egg with Caramel
- 100 g (3 oz) sugar free milk chocolate I use Vitawerx
- 2 tsp MCT or light tasting olive oil
- Melt chocolate and oil in the microwave, about 60-90 seconds.
- Spread the chocolate into the egg moulds. Swirl to coat well and pour the excess chocolate back into the bowl. Use a palate knife to clean up any spills on the mould and tidy the edges of the eggs. Place them into the freezer for 1-2 minutes then repeat the process will the remaining chocolate and removing any excess. You want to have a thin coating but thick enough to pop out of the moulds without breaking.
- Place onto a lined baking tray while you prepare the cheesecake filling. This will allow the chocolate to set at room temperature.
- Add butter, Sukrin Gold, and cream to a small bowl. Microwave on high for 90 seconds, stir and repeat. Do this until you have the desired thickness and consistency of caramel. I did mine for only 4 minutes and it gave a rich caramel that is not unlike a good chewy toffee.
- Add salt flakes to taste
- Mix the gelatin and water in a glass and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, including the dissolved gelatin; mix 30 sec/speed 5 or until thick, smooth and creamy.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Gently remove the chocolate eggs from the moulds. At this stage you can decide whether to fill each half of the egg with the cheesecake filling and caramel centre and join together OR just fill each half and serve them this way. Another option is to join the hollow egg halves together. Cut the top off and pip the filling into the eggs. No matter how you do it they all taste amazing!
- Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!
Your Own Notes
5 responses to “Keto Easter Egg Recipe”
Can Lily’s be used for the chocolate?
Just to clarify, a serve per the nutritional information is 1/4 egg or a quarter of an egg?