Keto Chocolate Pie Crust Pastry
Thank god for a delicious Keto Chocolate Pie Crust Pastry recipe that is perfection!
I thought pastry would be tough to replicate but… nope. This keto pastry recipe is super simple and works a charm every time.
KETO CHOCOLATE PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS
Surprise! You should be able to find all the ingredients in most local supermarkets. This recipe is super quick to come together.
- 90 g almond meal
- 30 g coconut flour or chia flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao (30g)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener I use Sukrin Melis or mill Natvia sweetener
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum, it helps bind the pastry
- 70 g cold unsalted butter, salted works just fine too
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (40g)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Pinch salt flakes
HOW TO MAKE KETO PASTRY
Let’s go through just how easy is it is to make our keto chocolate pie crust pastry. So many less steps and it turns out so perfect.
Choose your style of mixing, conventional and Thermomix®.
Roll it out thin and fast between two piece of baking paper.
Using the base of your pie tin cut out out the pastry to fit the bottom of the pan. Press it into the tin and thin out that little bit extra as needed. Push up the sides.
Using the trimmings of the pastry cut into pieces and place onto the sides of the fluted tin. Press into place to shape the base of the keto pie shell.
After filling adding the extra pastry smooth it out and even as much as you can to have a nice thin pastry. How good does it look?
HERE ARE SOME GREAT RECIPES TO USE THIS KETO PIE CRUST RECIPE.
I love keto cheesecake recipes and keto pie recipes so I think know this keto pie shell will work perfectly with the following recipes. If you use it please let me know how great they are and share on any of our socials. I am so chuffed how I managed to make my keto version of a Careme Sour Cream Pastry. Not a puff but pretty freakin awesome.
- Chocolate Bavarian Pie
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Slice
- Keto New York Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cup Keto Cheesecake
- Baked Mascarpone Cheesecake
CONNECT WITH OUR COMMUNITY
Join our fabulous keto community on multiple channels and get support from others following the keto lifestyle. Find the best in recipes, great keto planners, get started with keto or use our Macro Calculator to start your keto diet with all the tools you need.
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | 365 |
Keto Chocolate Pie Crusty Pastry
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process in short busts until dough comes together in a ball.
- Press pastry into base and sides of a 22cm loose base pie tin (or into preferred tin).
- Prick generously with fork and transfer to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer pie crust to oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Fill as per recipe instructions.
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Place all ingredients into mixer bowl and Turbo/2 seconds. Scrape and repeat until dough comes together. Follow from Step 3 above.
Pastry can be used in any shaped tins. Blind baking time may vary due to the size of pie shell or oven.
This pastry dough is very soft, don’t be afraid to just press it into the tins like a biscuit base. It still works perfectly every time.
Nutritional is based on 10 serves. Of course if you are making small tarts or pies then adjust the nutritional accordingly.