If you love a good carrot cake or cinnamon bun you are going to love these very easy low carb walnut cinnamon keto muffins.
Spiced with cinnamon they are only subtly sweet. But, then they are topped with the most heavenly sugar free cinnamon buttercream. Damn I have to say they are just too good!
I love cinnamon on everything. I remember as a kid loving things like cinnamon toast and tea cake.
I guess the tea cake memory was what I was trying to achieve with this recipe. Anyway read on to learn a little more about how you can enjoy this fabulous keto dessert recipe.
WALNUT CINNAMON KETO MUFFIN INGREDIENTS
- 3 eggs (195g) egg total weight (less shells)
- 80 ml MCT oil or liquid coconut oil
- 50 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold granular sweetener I do love Sukrin Gold sweetener as it has that real malty rich depth to it like brown sugar (but without the carbs) Substitute Lakanto gold need be.
- 300 g blanched almond meal I always use blanched almond meal but feel free to use almond meal made with the skins on as well
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder I always use Bobs Red Mill baking powder. It helps to give rise both in the cold and baking process.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 g crushed walnuts – feel free to use any nuts if you have no walnuts or just dont like them
HOW TO MAKE KETO BUTTERCREAM
- 225 g cream cheese softened
- 100 g butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 g lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 140 g powdered erythritol I use Sukrin Melis
HOW TO MAKE WALNUT CINNAMON KETO MUFFINS
It should really be noted that this is a very stiff batter and you will need to probably push it down into the patty cases. Don’t fear the muffins do come out super light, moist and soft and not dense at all.
Another quick tip is to really give the keto buttercream a good whip so it comes out really fluffy and light.
If it is still chunky and thick add a little more lemon juice or vanilla to make it a really billowy soft delicious buttercream.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Walnut Cinnamon Keto Muffins
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Prepare muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whip eggs, MCT or coconut oil, cream cheese, cinnamon and vanilla in a stand mixer until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients; except walnuts, and mix to combine. Fold through walnuts.
- Scoop stiff batter into each liner filling about 3/4s full. With wet fingers gently smooth off muffins and gently press into muffin liner. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon and Sukrin granular sweetener.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until skewer comes out dry. Allow to cool before piping with buttercream.
- For Buttercream – Add cream cheese, butter, vanilla, lemon juice, and cinnamon to stand mixer
- Whip for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sweetener while beating and mix until light and fluffy. Spoon or pipe buttercream onto muffins
- Place eggs, MCT or coconut oil, cream cheese, cinnamon and vanilla into mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients; except walnuts and mix 20 sec/speed 5. Fold through walnuts. Follow from Step 3 above.
- For Buttercream – Add cream cheese, butter, vanilla, lemon juice, and cinnamon to mixing bowl and mix 45 sec/speed 5
- Add powdered sweetener while mixing and mix until light and fluffy.
Your Own Notes
22 responses to “Walnut Cinnamon Keto Muffins”
Just make these. WOW!
So easy in the thermo. I know how my sweetener works, so I used a bit less in the muffins and kept the same amount in the icing. Absolutely delicious for my taste.
Thanks so much. How can one person be blessed with so much creativity. I love the way you put in all the extra notes and swaps. Very helpful.
Hi! These look amazing. Is it possible to substitute the liquid coconut or MCT oil for anything else? I don’t have them on hand. Eg olive oil or butter? Thank you!
absolutely delicious. Will be making these alot
Died and gone to muffin heaven!
Could I make them without any sweetener, as I’m trying to avoid that all together
These look amazing! Still have to make them but will very soon. Thank you for sharing!
I made these to refill my depleted freezer stash of keto sweets…. but not before trying one 🙂 They are amazingly good!
I made a half batch of buttercream which was the right amount for me. I might need the full recipe-worth if decorating for a special occasion.
These are so so delicious! I made them for my nan’s birthday and they were a huge hit, no one believed they were keto hahaha. I know these are going to be made a lot it our house. Thanks Megan your creativity and flare for creating amazingly delicious food is much appreciated in our household!
These muffins are just divine. I can’t believe how amazing they taste. And that butter cream is the best.
There are so good I had to freeze them so I would eat them all at once. Very happy to have a recipe that cane be frozen once decorated with frosting
These walnut cinnamon muffins are the perfect accompaniment to have with a nice cup of tea or coffee. They are great for kids and adults alike and perfect for the lunchbox. They are quick and easy to make and light and moist to eat. The cinnamon buttercream is delicious. These are already a family favourite.