Wagon Wheel Keto Donuts | sugar free
My Wagon Wheelie Keto Donuts will definitely put a smile on your face!
These keto donuts are ridiculously easy for such a special result. If you are caring and “sharing,” your friends and family will love you if you make these…keto or not.
The donut itself is soft and moist and beautifully spiced, then to fill it quite simply with pre-made sugar free marshmallows and some fresh raspberries. Oh then there is the chocolate glaze!
These donuts are so good I had to fight to get one to test myself. Lucky I am the only one that takes photos as Dave now knows I need at least one (or more) to photograph.
I can’t believe everyone keeps buying the Noshu Donuts for $5 each when you can whip up these and many of my other donuts for way less money, and way, way less carbs.
KETO DONUT INGREDIENTS
The ingredients list do not read much different than what you will find in nearly every home keto pantry. Living the keto lifestyle you will more than likely have most of these ingredients on hand when the need to make keto donuts strikes.
100 g (3.5 oz) butter, I use salted butter. For dairy free keto donut just substitute ghee.
200 g (7 oz) almond meal or almond flour. For a nut-free keto donut exchange almond meal for a 50/50 mix of pepita meal/sunflour.
40 g (1.4 oz) coconut flour or whey protein isolate. This gives a nice slightly crisp coating to the outside of your keto donuts.
100 g (1/2 cup) sweetener. I use Sukrin Melis in my keto donuts but you can choose whatever you wish. Just adjust the sweetener to your personal taste.
2 eggs. In all my cooking I always use jumbo sized eggs at room temperature.
1/2 tsp xanthan gum.
2 tsps baking powder. I use Bob’s Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder. I love this product as begins the rising action even when cold and is a gluten free, aluminium free product.
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder. Unsweetened cocoa powder can be used in place
180 g sour cream. Substitute coconut yoghurt for a dairy free low carb donut recipe.
1 tsp vanilla extract. Use extract over essence or paste for flavour and sugar free.
MAKING WAGON WHEEL KETO DONUTS
Making the keto donuts themselves you don’t need to really know any particular tricks to get them right. The biggest trick is the marshmallow.
When heating marshmallow it becomes very sticky and hard to manipulate. You need to work quick as it will set quick as well.
Another tip if you have no luck spreading it on is to just head the marshmallows on half of the donut, and your raspberries and top with the other half. haha. It is easy and affective.
Temperatures for the recipe are for a fan-forced oven. For static oven increase oven temperature to 180℃ (350F).
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Wagon Wheelie Keto Donuts
- 100 g sugar-free dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 140 g sugar-free marshmallows
- 36 raspberries halved
- Preheat oven to 170℃.
- Add butter to the mixer and melt for 3 minutes / 80 ℃/ speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix for 3 minutes / dough setting.
- Pipe into a greased donut pan, and fill to roughly ¾ full.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until lightly golden. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Heat marshmallows in microwave for 1 minute, and spread on pre-halved donuts, top with 2 halved raspberries and other half of donut.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave 1 minute on high, or until fully melted.
- Dip the donut tops in the chocolate and put aside to set.
- Add all ingredients to a mixer or bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Follow the above steps to shape your donuts, cook and serve.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Donuts can be frozen in an airtight bag for up to 3 months.
- Almond meal can be substituted for a combination of pepita meal and sun flour.
- Coconut flour can be substituted for whey protein isolate,
- For a dairy free donut use ghee and coconut yoghurt.
- Working with marshmallow issuper sticky and you need to work fast. An aternative method its to cut the marshmallows and place them on half the donut and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- These can also be made as cupcakes.
If you love keto recipes and low carb cookbooks then check out our huge range in store today!