Sticky Sugar Free Asian Pork Ribs – Keto Style
Pork ribs are one of my all-time favourite meals and this version far from disappoints!
Back in the day I was regularly making ribs nearly every other weekend. First I would start off with a delicious spiced rub (that included brown sugar) then came the sauce and with that was my barbecue sauce that was again filled with brown sugar and molasses and a good splash of bourbon. Well lets say those days are over and new versions need to be made that are equally as good, or in my humble opinion better!
Many purists would certainly not approve of the methods this recipe uses, but to be honest I love ribs a multitude of ways. I believe a recipe made to be easy for everyone and to be able to cook it without having to have smokers, grill, or barbecue, is a recipe that will be used again and again. In saying that look out for when I start doing some of my recipes on the smoker anyway. Haha! I have to trial all forms of cooking don’t I?
This is such an easy method
Cooking the ribs this way gives you a tender rib every time. Simply boiling the water and pouring over instantly seals the meat and gets them off to a flying start in the slow cooker. Add the sauce later or basting as you go, gives you that beautiful sticky consistency you can so clearly see in the pictures.
Below was another version I did at the same time with a spiced barbecue sauce. The recipe will be LIVE soon along with another rib I did this past week which I have aptly called the Lazy Rib. Nothing better than having to do so little in the kitchen to produce rewarding tasty dishes like all of these ones. For those of you after a perfect barbecue sauce for a condiment or barbecue rib you can also check out my Smokey Barbecue Sauce just by clicking the link. It is better than any bought stuff I assure you!
I hope you love this version of my Asian Ribs as much as I do. Let me know below what you think below in the comments box.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Sticky Sugar-Free Asian Pork Ribs - Keto Style
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic
- thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 2 tbsp ACV
- 3 tbsp sugar-free apricot jam can be replaced with 3 blackberries or 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold granular sweetener
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos soy sauce or GF tamari can be used if you eat it
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 kg pork rack ribs
- 2 cups of rocket
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- Slices fresh chillies
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 160℃
- Boil 2-3 cups of water
- Chop ribs into sections of 3-4 ribs
- Place in crockpot or deep baking pan
- Cover in boiling water and lid (or foil)
- Slow bake ribs for 2 ½ hours or until meat is soft and tender
- Add oil, onion, garlic and ginger to bowl
- Blend 5 seconds/speed 5
- Scrape sides of bowl
- Add Chinese five-spice
- Cook 4 minutes/80℃/speed 1
- Add rest of ingredients
- Cook 6 minutes/80℃/speed 1
- Puree 1 minute gradual speed up to speed 7.
- Repeat if needed
- Finely dice onion, garlic and ginger
- Heat oil in a small frypan over medium heat and sauté onion, garlic and ginger until translucent. Add Chinese five-spice and cook until fragrant.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook stirring until sauce thickens.
- After 2 ½ hours
- Pour water out of crockpot and cover ribs in your sticky baste
- Cook for further 30 minutes or until ribs are sticky. This can be done in the oven or on a barbecue grill.
- Serve ribs with salad.