Garlic Chicken Keto Kiev Bites
After recently been given the mighty task to take on a bit of a famous kiev I decided to create these Garlic Chicken Keto Kiev Bites as something just a little different
These are totally influenced by the moorish Chicken Pakoras I used to treat myself occasionally with from a great Indian restaurant across from where I worked once upon a time (a long time ago).
GARLIC CHICKEN KETO KIEVS
This recipe delivers on what was asked. I am so happy with the outcome and ease of creation that I have already made a few variations with Indian Pakora style. I am soooo going to being releasing some new recipes along this vein because trust me….FLAVOUR EXPLOSIONS!
The garlic chicken keto kiev’s are made bite size as a beautiful starter for a celebrational dinner, entertaining, a canape for a party or to be served with a gin cocktail…what am I saying..this is a recipe that is so versatile that you could serve in the lunchbox, on a wrap, or on its own for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
GARLIC CHICKEN KETO KIEV VARIATIONS
As previously referred to an Indian style filled pakora is delicious, but so is any other meat filled with the flavoured butter, or change the butter to ham and cheese, cream cheese and jalapeno, or whatever floats your boat. Variations galore! I will come up with so many more because this recipe has left me quite enchanted!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Chicken Kiev Bites with Garlic, Herb and Lemon Butter
- 300 g chicken coarsely minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- Zest of half a lemon finely grated
Garlic Lemon Herb Butter
- 150 gm butter softened
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- Serve with left over herb butter melted dollops of Greek yoghurt, fresh parsley and rocket.
- Mix butter well with all seasonings. Shape into a 2cm diameter log in cling film or baking paper. Freeze until needed.
- Combine kiev filling ingredients together. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Roll into 15 balls
- Cut 3cm pieces of butter and place inside each ball completely covering with chicken. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Prepare 3 separate bowls for kiev coating
- whisk egg and cream together
- Add half a cup of coconut flour to bowl for dusting
- mix crushed pork rinds with thyme in a third bowl.
- Dust each ball in coconut flour, dip in egg wash and crumb in pork rinds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until needed.
- Heat oil in large frypan. Fry bites in batches for 4-5 minutes, be careful to not over crowd your pan. Season with salt to serve.