Keto Mexican Beef Burger
Our super easy Keto Mexican Beef Burger is going to be a new favourite in many keto kitchens I am sure!
Most of us love easy keto ground beef recipes and this one is a cracker! I am a firm believer in simple foods with minimum of fussing about. These easy keto Mexican beef burgers are another new favourite of mine. Making some ahead and having them in the fridge for when I am ready to eat is so much better than having to cook when I finally get hungry.
I am fully back into sticking to eating when hungry only and this makes it difficult when I have spent days writing recipes but not actually in the kitchen. Keto Mexican Beef Burgers to the rescue!
What a super simple and cheap keto recipe to make. Perfect for all families or budget conscious keto lifetsyle followers.
- Beef mince (ground beef) – Honestly I buy the cheapest variety with the most amount of fat. If you have a mincer and can find cheaper beef go for. Also the recipe does work with any other ground meats.
- Spices – I use the basics. Onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, ground cumin, and ground coriander. If you want to pimp your keto Mexican beef burgers then feel free to add things like fresh chilli, fresh coriander, Mexican oregano, annatto spice or more.
- Chipotles in adobo – I love the smokiness it adds to a lot of my recipes. Found on most supermarket shelves in the Mexican Food section, it is for more flavour and smoke than heat.
What to Serve with Mexican Beef Burgers
Well you can see from my pictures I went a little overboard for my photo shoot lol. Here are just a few suggestions of delicious sides to go with your keto Mexican beef burgers.
- Easy Keto Guacamole
- Chile Con Queso Dip
- Low Carb Rolls
- Best Ever Keto Enchilada Sauce
- Smokey Keto Barbecue Sauce | Sugar-free
- Cucumber Salsa
- Avocado Chips
Love Mexican Food? Try these Delicious Keto Lunch Ideas.
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Layered Taco Salad with Ground Beef
- Best Ever Keto Chicken Nachos | LCHF |Paleo
- Best Ever Keto Chicken Enchiladas
- Keto Chicken Taco
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
How long do they take to cook?
Depending on whether you like a burger rare to well done this will affect cooking times. I do 3 minutes each side over an open flame on the Kamado Joe. I set to steakhouse -searing temperature and cook lid down for the 3 minutes each side. Finally I do a final flip for 2 minutes to cook any proteins that have been released within the patty.
Can I use other meats?
Of course! I have used many different proteins for keto burger recipes. For vegetarians or vegans, minced mushrooms with black soy beans make a great burger or seitan or tofu for our soy and gluten crowd.
Are the Keto Mexican Beef Burgers spicy? Will my kids eat them?
Of course you would have a fairer idea of what the kids will eat than me. In saying that this recipe is far from spicy. Use cayenne with caution if you cannot handle the heat or just use a little sweet paprika for added spice, without the heat.
Keto Mexican Beef Burger
- Place all beef burger ingredients into a large bowl and massage together until well combined.
- Press ground beef into 4 large patties.
- Grill or fry burgers to desired doneness.
- Serve with favourite sauce, salad or as per our serving suggestion. Top Low Carb Bun with lettuce, Easy Keto Guacamole, Chile Con Queso and protein chips. Enjoy!
- Place all beef burger ingredients into mixing bowl. Mix 30 seconds/speed Scrape and repeat if necessary. Follow from Step 2 above.
- Keto Mexican Beef Burgers can be frozen before or after grilling.
- Different ground meats can be substituted for a tasty variation.
- A delicious summery version could be to make mini burger patties or meatballs and serve with salad.
- For a hotter/spicier version add finely chopped chillies of choice.
- Nutrition panel is based on burger patties only. For full burgers with . all the trimmings please calculate separately.
Love Keto cookbooks and recipes? Check out our huge library in store today!