Almond Keto Hummus | dairy free
It’s amazing how a simple Almond Keto Hummus can taste so amazing!
I have this true love for really simple food. Hummus was something I really loved prior to going keto so I definitely had to make a version that was low in carb but high in flavour. Now I can truly enjoy some with cucumber and radish on a keto bagel just like the old days.
How to make Keto Hummus
1. Activated almonds. Are activated almonds better for you? It seems that activated, or sprouted nuts and seeds are still going strong as a health trend. The process can involve soaking the nuts over a 7-12 hour period and then dehydrating at a low temp of 65C for 12-24 hours before using. After soaking they don’t actually need to be dehydrated if using in a hummus recipe like this one. Activating is said to help in adsorption of nutrients and aid digestion.
2. After soaking the nuts overnight just blend them with all the other ingredients. Spices and seasonings should be adjusted to personal taste. You can really change the flavour of this Keto hummus recipe with extra spices, some herbs or leafy greens added during the blending stage.
Great recipes to enjoy your hummus with
Having a Keto hummus recipe is great but you want something equally as great to team it with right? Here are some delicious Keto recipes that you can enjoy with your hummus and fit right into your Keto eating plan. So many goodies right here!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Almond Keto Hummus
- 2 cloves garlic
- 120 g blanched activated almonds
- 60 g tahini hulled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 130 ml water
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to blender or Thermomix® blend 5 seconds/speed 5
- Serve with your favourite crackers or vegetables
Check out all our Keto recipe cookbook collection in store today 💕 Mad Creations store