Add garlic, ginger and macadamias to a blender and pulse until finely chopped. Add all marinade ingredients and blend for 20 seconds.
Pour marinade into large bowl with chicken. Combine well, cover and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or overnight.
Finely chop onion and sauté gently in butter and oil over medium heat.
Add chicken and marinade, turn the heat down to low and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
Add cream and chilli if using and cook for further few minutes to heat through.
Place ginger, garlic and macadamias in bowl and process 5 seconds/speed 10.
Add rest of marinade ingredients and blend 10 seconds/speed 10.
Pour marinade over chicken in non reactive bowl and combine. Leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
Add onion to bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5. Add butter and oil and cook for 4 minutes/90℃/reverse stir/MC off.
Add chicken and marinade to onion mix and cook 20 minutes/98℃/reverse stir.
Finally add cream and chilli, if using and cook for further 4 minutes/98℃/reverse stir.
1. This recipe is suitable to freeze.
2. Curry can be kept in airtight container up to 4 days.
3. The is recipe is best started the night before.
4. Marinade can be made in bulk and frozen in individual portions, or ice cube trays until needed.
5. For a dairy free option please substitute ghee for butter, and coconut yoghurt for Greek yoghurt.
6. Macadamias can be substituted for almonds or pepitas(for nut-free variation)
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1.7mg | Net Carbs: 6g