Saffron Chicken Korma – A low carb keto recipe
A simple chicken korma that delivers a beautiful mouthful of fresh flavours with every spoonful.
I love my little twists on traditional Indian recipes. I think playing with the gravy’s balance on spice, heat and creaminess gives me a different kind of curry each time, and I just love them all.
This chicken korma is delicious! The macadamias some great healthy fats and help with the gravy but I also had mine still with a little bit of crunch and it was great. I also love a bit of heat (a lot) in mine so have added a sedate amount of spiciness should you so choose. It is very easy to add your spice at the end and adjust to your palate.
I created this recipe just relaxing last week trying to have my first weekend off “work”. I fail pretty miserably at tools down, but of course with any recipe I need to record it just in case it is a winner. Sadly I did write this down on a little piece of paper, in my short hand that has been called authentic hieroglyphics, and then promptly lost said piece of paper. After scrounging around everywhere I was lucky to final find it pretty much where I thought I had left it but it had just got caught up in Stormy’s blanket. I have to say I am totally hopeless with little pieces of paper. Mind you I am totally hopeless recording my recipes anywhere. I am big on losing them that is for sure.
Have you picked up our amazing book collection? Grab the collection above for a very limited time here>>
I would love to hear if you have made this recipe and what you thought. Please comment below and let me know if you have enjoyed it. The recipe does include both conventional and Thermomix instructions for your convenience.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Saffron Chicken Korma
- 15 g ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 90 g macadamias
- 40 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 200 g Greek yoghurt I use Meredith Dairy sheeps milk yoghurt
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets sliced into large cubes
- 1/2 small onion
- 50 g butter
- 35 g oil
- 100 g thickened cream
- 2 tbsp hot sauce or
- 1 tbsp hot chillies thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Extra yoghurt
- Add garlic, ginger and macadamias to a blender and pulse until finely chopped. Add all marinade ingredients and blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour marinade into large bowl with chicken. Combine well, cover and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or overnight.
- Finely chop onion and sauté gently in butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and marinade, turn the heat down to low and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add cream and chilli if using and cook for further few minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately.
- Place ginger, garlic and macadamias in bowl and process 5 seconds/speed 10.
- Add rest of marinade ingredients and blend 10 seconds/speed 10.
- Pour marinade over chicken in non reactive bowl and combine. Leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Add onion to bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5. Add butter and oil and cook for 4 minutes/90℃/reverse stir/MC off.
- Add chicken and marinade to onion mix and cook 20 minutes/98℃/reverse stir.
- Finally add cream and chilli, if using and cook for further 4 minutes/98℃/reverse stir.
- Serve immediately.