Keto Sweet and Sour Pork
A quick keto sweet and sour pork that is made with simple and inexpensive ingredients. A low carb recipe everyone will love.
Servings: 4 serves
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice, or ginger paste
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 500 g pork scotch cut into 3 cm cubes
- Cauliflower rice, to serve
Combine five-spice, soy sauce, ginger juice, and egg in a non-reactive bowl. Add the pork and marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat.
Combine the flours in a bowl. Dust the pork with flour and fry in batches until lightly golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
In a separate pan, heat the sweet and sour sauce.
Toss pork in sauce and serve with cauliflower rice, fresh spring onions and sesame seeds.
1. Various cuts of pork will work for this recipe. Use anything from the neck, shoulder, or belly. Make sure the pieces are cut into a size that is going to quick quickly in the hot oil.
2. Be careful that the oil is not too hot as the crumb will burn.
3. Substitute chicken thigh fillet or firm fish for another simple sweet and sour.
4. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 2mg | Magnesium: 19mg | Net Carbs: 6g