Melt butter over medium high heat in a wide based frying pan.
Finely mince the garlic and add the foamy butter. Add the mushrooms and thyme; stir to coat the butter. Sautè until mushrooms are lightly golden but still soft.
Add the cream and parmesan; season to taste. Cook stirring for 1-2 minutes until sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and serve with finely chopped parsley.
Place a small handful of parsley to the mixer bowl. Chop 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape and repeat if needed. Scrape into a small bowl and reserve.
Add the garlic and butter to the mixer bowl (no need to clean) and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl; cook 4 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add the sliced mushrooms and thyme to the butter; cook 5 min/110°C/reverse/stir. Add the cream, parmesan and season to taste; cook 3 min/110°C/reverse/stir. Remove from the mixer bowl and serve with reserved parsley.
- I use button mushrooms, but any mushrooms of choice can be used. In the thermal method I do not use the mixer to chop the mushroom as I prefer them sliced in the sauce.
- Cream can be replaced with coconut cream or stock/bone broth if preferred.
- Parmesan can be swapped for any cheese or for a cheese free sauce add 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour.
- Any herbs of choice can be used.
- The sauce can be made in bulk and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or frozen as part of a meal or in individual serves.
- When reheating sauce be careful to do so over low heat to avoid splitting the cream.
- The nutritional values have been calculated using the recipe ingredients as listed for 2 serves.
- This sauce is 4g net carb per serve.
- The creamy keto mushroom sauce can be used as a sauce to be served with vegetables or protein. Alternatively, it can be used as a keto pasta sauce or over keto toast.
- Add some chopped bacon or chicken for a delicious meal.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1147IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 1mg | Magnesium: 16mg | Net Carbs: 4g