Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Peri Peri Sauce
This Peri Peri Sauce is so easy and tasty. You will be making your own Nandos at home and loving it!
Servings: 4 serves
- 60 g avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1-2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-2 red Thai chilli finely chopped, optional, for a milder sauce remove the membrane and seeds
- 1 tablespoon chilli & garlic sauce I use Huy Fong brand found in most supermarkets
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream or coconut cream/yoghurt, for a creamy peri peri dressing
- I use Grove avocado oil in this recipe. Olive oil is also a good healthy choice.
- Fire roasted red capsicum can be purchased jarred/canned at the supermarket. Alternatively, roast over a gas flame, grill or in the oven until the skin is blackened and charred. Sweat the capsicum in a bag then peel and discard skin and the seeds.
- Any of your favourite chillies can be used. Increase up to 4 chillies if preferred or add higher Scoville chillies for a more intense chilli flavour. If you do not like spicy food, then you can also omit them altogether.
- The sour cream, coconut cream or yoghurt is best added if using the sauce as a dressing or dipping sauce. If you are going to marinate something then remove the quantity of marinade you will require and add a small amount of cream, if preferred for a creamy sauce to serve.
- This keto peri peri sauce can be used for a marinade for any protein or vegetables. Add the cream for a tasty dressing or dipping sauce option.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- The peri peri sauce is suited to freezing.
- Freeze in a silicone ice cube tray then transfer to a ziplock bag.
- Can be added to a sauce from frozen.
- Nutrition has been calculated without the cream.
- Makes about half a cup.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1742IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg | Magnesium: 7mg | Net Carbs: 2g