Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Keto Vanilla Cake
A super simple yet delicious keto vanilla cake. This recipe was created to be used as a base recipe for any kind of low carb cake. Whether you want mudcake, lemon cake, carrot cake and more this recipe can be very simply changed to be enjoyed in many different versions.
Servings: 16 slices
- 150 g powdered sweetener I use Sukrin Melis
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 200 g butter cubed
- 340 g cream cheese softened, and cubed
- 1 tbsp cream
Preheat oven to 160℃. Line a 20 cm springform tin.
Mix all ingredients in a stand mixer until combined.
Spoon mix into prepared springform tin.
Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool on wire tray until cool.
Mix all buttercream ingredients in a stand mixer until light and fluffy
Pipe thickly onto edge of bottom cake. Place second cake on top (if doing double) and pipe buttercream on top of cake.
Using an angled icing spatula generously spread buttercream over sides of cake and top of cake.
Once completely covered if you want to achieve the "naked" look gently scrape back the icing using the angled spatula or cake scraper. Be careful to only take bake to the edge of the cake and not to remove the crumb of the cake.Decorate the cake how you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
- For layered cakes it safe to mix up to 3X the recipe in both a stand mixer and the Thermomix®.
- Do not use extra virgin olive oil in this recipe. It will dominate the flavour of the cake.
- I use and recommend Bob's Red Mill Doubling Acting Baking Powder for this recipe and for all low carb gluten free baking. It really helps give a good rise and consistent baking results everytime.
- With the cake pictured I have added a layer of sugar-free strawberry jam to the centre of the cake. This is purely optional.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg | Magnesium: 2mg | Net Carbs: 3g