Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Bread Maker Feta & Olive Crusty Low Carb Bread
A very simple but amazing hard crust low carb bread. At only 1g net carbs per slice and a delicious hard crust it is hard to believe it is low carb.
Servings: 14 serves
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp inulin or 1 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 60 g butter cubed
- 2/3 cup chia flour (70g)
- 1/2 cup Macro Gentle Fibre (50g)
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten Flour (170g)
- Pinch salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 180 g feta cheese cut into 1 cm cubes
- 180 g kalamata olives pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped (optional)
Remove Bread Pan from Bread Maker. Check that the kneading blade placed in position in the base of the pan.
Combine warm water, inulin (or sweetener) and yeast into a small bowl and mix until foamy. Pour into bread pan.
Add remaining bread ingredients in ingredients order into bread pan and place back into Bread Maker.
Select Menu 3 - White Stuffed Bread and press Start.
After about 20-25 minutes you will hear a beeping sound. Add the feta, kalamata olives and parsley to pan and close lid. Press start to continue.
When the Bread Maker beeps next it is time to turn it off and remove your bread. Use oven mit as the bread pan will be hot. Turn the bread out of pan. It should pop out easily. Leave to cool on a wire rack completely before slicing.
- Allow bread to cool completely before storing in an airtight container, this will help maintain the delicious hard crust on the loaf.
- Greek Feta & Olive Bread should be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or sliced and frozen for your convenience.
- Olives can be chopped chunky or fine it is a personal choice.
- Substitute any firm cheese and herbs of choice for tasty variations.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 231IU | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 1g