Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Low Carb Focaccia with Olives Cheese and Rosemary
An easy recipe to create a very tasty low carb focaccia. Looks great and tastes great too. A recipe great for everyday or delicious looking bread for entertaining.
Servings: 24 serves
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons inulin
- 7 g yeast
- 2 eggs
- Pinch salt flakes
- 2/3 cup golden flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup oat fiber click for supplier
- 1 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten click for supplier
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra 1/4 cup (60ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 20 kalamata olives pitted
- 1/4 cup goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Big pinch salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons nigella seeds
Add all ingredients to mixer, including activated yeast. Using dough hook attachment knead dough for 5 minutes.
Stretch dough out to large rectangle roughly as wide as your tin. Drizzle half of the extra olive oil into the bottom of the pan. Place dough into pan and continue to stretch the dough to fit and flip to coat both sides with the oil. Use your finger to press dimples all over the dough. Don't poke holes all the way through just create a dimply top of the focaccia.
Cover focaccia with clean towel or silicone mat and leave in warm place for approximately 1 hour until loaf has risen.
Preheat oven to 190℃. Line a 29cm x 21cm slice tin.
Push kalamatas into dough. Sprinkle with goat cheese, rosemary, salt and nigella seeds. Drizzle over any remaining olive oil.
Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
1. The focaccia can be frozen.
2. Oat Fibre is zero net carb and zero calories
3. Vital Gluten is high protein and low carb. Derived from the protein found in the endosperm of wheat this flour does contain gluten.
4. When activating yeast use blood temp water. Cold water will not activate the yeast and too hot will kill the yeast.
5. If making by hand ensure you knead for at least 7 minutes to activate the gluten.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.7mg | Net Carbs: 1g