Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Keto Porridge Recipe
I love this porridge. It is quick and easy to make and tastes great with very simple toppings or "milk" swaps. I make up enough for the week and just reheat when I am hungry.
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour or 4 tbsp almond meal
- 3 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons whey protein isolate
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk See Note 5 for options
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sweetener Sukrin Gold would be perfect
TO SERVE - VARIATIONS
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 30 g choice of berries or use 1/2 tbsp sugar-free jam/serve
- 1 teaspoon sugar free keto honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar free jam
Place all ingredients, into a microwave safe bowl. Heat 2 minutes on high. Whisk porridge. Heat for further 1 minute. Whisk or stir before serving.
Pour into individual serving bowls. Serve with cream and/or toppings of choice
Blend all ingredients 5 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down sides.
Insert Butterfly. Cook 9 minutes/80°C/speed 2.
Pour into individual serving bowls. Serve with cream and toppings of choice.
1. Can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for weekly meals.
2. Coconut flour can be substituted for almond meal. Or hemp seeds can be substituted.
3. Adjust milk or cream to suit your preferred consistency of porridge.
4. Reheat in microwave for 60 seconds on high, or over low heat on stove.
5. Any kind of plant based milks can be used. Almond, Macadamia, Like Milk, Coconut Milk, Hemp Mylk. Or our Keto Milk recipe is perfect if you are not dairy free or paleo.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 0.5mg | Net Carbs: 1g