If you love a good carrot cake or cinnamon bun you are going to love these very easy low carb walnut cinnamon keto muffins.
Spiced with cinnamon they are only subtly sweet. But, then they are topped with the most heavenly sugar free cinnamon buttercream. Damn I have to say they are just too good!
I love cinnamon on everything. I remember as a kid loving things like cinnamon toast and tea cake.
I guess the tea cake memory was what I was trying to achieve with this recipe. Anyway read on to learn a little more about how you can enjoy this fabulous keto dessert recipe.
WALNUT CINNAMON KETO MUFFIN INGREDIENTS
- 3 eggs (195g) egg total weight (less shells)
- 80 ml MCT oil or liquid coconut oil
- 50 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold granular sweetener I do love Sukrin Gold sweetener as it has that real malty rich depth to it like brown sugar (but without the carbs) Substitute Lakanto gold need be.
- 300 g blanched almond meal I always use blanched almond meal but feel free to use almond meal made with the skins on as well
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder I always use Bobs Red Mill baking powder. It helps to give rise both in the cold and baking process.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 g crushed walnuts – feel free to use any nuts if you have no walnuts or just dont like them
HOW TO MAKE KETO BUTTERCREAM
- 225 g cream cheese softened
- 100 g butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 g lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 140 g powdered erythritol I use Sukrin Melis
HOW TO MAKE WALNUT CINNAMON KETO MUFFINS
It should really be noted that this is a very stiff batter and you will need to probably push it down into the patty cases. Don’t fear the muffins do come out super light, moist and soft and not dense at all.
Another quick tip is to really give the keto buttercream a good whip so it comes out really fluffy and light.
If it is still chunky and thick add a little more lemon juice or vanilla to make it a really billowy soft delicious buttercream.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Walnut Cinnamon Keto Muffins
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Prepare muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whip eggs, MCT or coconut oil, cream cheese, cinnamon and vanilla in a stand mixer until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients; except walnuts, and mix to combine. Fold through walnuts.
- Scoop stiff batter into each liner filling about 3/4s full. With wet fingers gently smooth off muffins and gently press into muffin liner. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon and Sukrin granular sweetener.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until skewer comes out dry. Allow to cool before piping with buttercream.
- For Buttercream – Add cream cheese, butter, vanilla, lemon juice, and cinnamon to stand mixer
- Whip for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sweetener while beating and mix until light and fluffy. Spoon or pipe buttercream onto muffins
- Place eggs, MCT or coconut oil, cream cheese, cinnamon and vanilla into mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients; except walnuts and mix 20 sec/speed 5. Fold through walnuts. Follow from Step 3 above.
- For Buttercream – Add cream cheese, butter, vanilla, lemon juice, and cinnamon to mixing bowl and mix 45 sec/speed 5
- Add powdered sweetener while mixing and mix until light and fluffy.