Daily Keto Bread – Gluten free bread
Oh my…this Daily Keto Bread is awesome! Could this possibly be the BEST Keto bread recipe?
This bread is absolutely delicious! While I am still struggling with my oven, trust me when I say yours will probably come out even better than mine. My oven is very old and the temperatures are very uneven in the oven. However, this still turned out with a lovely texture and consistency. It is easily the most “bread-like” looking keto loaf I have seen what about you? I should add this little update in here regarding the fact I now have a new oven! I am so happy and totally in love with black Smeg Victoria. She is such a beautiful oven.
My Keto Bread Inspiration
Before I went keto I was a massive bead eater and I think it showed. When you are insulin resistant I guess it is not the best thing to be eating. I found when I changed over every keto bread was terrible. It is either eggy, nothing at all like bread, or just tastes really bad. I seriously am not sure how anyone can eat 90 second or cloud bread and actually enjoy it. So I went on my quest to seek out the very best recipe I could make. Trust me keto bread is a bit of hard egg to crack. After a lot of failures, this recipe was a huge surprise.
Basically I was trying to hack a few keto breads that are available on the market. Funnily enough though I have not even tried them so “hacking” a keto bread recipe is a little harder without knowing whether these keto breads actually taste good or the texture is even close to what I personally want to eat. I just could see their ingredients and thought I could have a play. I mean if they are selling these keto breads nationally then surely they must be okay..right? Anyway I borrowed a little of some ingredients through in my own and come up with the Daily Keto Bread. It is a great recipe, even if I do say so myself.
The idea of spending $6 – $14 on a loaf of keto bread to purchase is a little absurd to me and I have a desire to create breads that truly are tasty, easy and budget conscious for us all. I mean I work for myself so I need to save money lol. Please read the notes on this recipe for some great tips in getting a great rise out each and every loaf. As you can see by the comments and on the Facebook feed this bread is proving to be a huge favourite with everyone! I am surprised at the huge amount of feedback I have received and how many of you absolutely LOVE this recipe!
As I always like to suggest you can play with the flavours and vegetable content in this loaf to suit yourself. If you are in maintenance or following Paleo, you can substitute some grated pumpkin, squash, or carrot for the zucchini. Also if you want to add some seeds, garlic and parmesan go for it. I have made this bread specifically for the Keto Beginners book that is in store NOW. You can buy here
Below is the Green Eggs Benedict on keto bread that is included in the plan. The loaf makes 16 slices and can be frozen and toasted straight from the freezer.
I would love to see your variations and your lovely loaves on our FB Group
and if you have made it can you please leave your comments and ratings below. As you may know great keto bread is few and far between your reviews do help others know whether it is a recipe that is worthwhile making.
Our newest Keto Bread variation
Pumpkin Pecan Bread. it is amazingly delicious as well! I still want to try a cacao berry and coconut version as I am sure it will be totally delicious as well!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Daily Keto Bread
- 80 g butter
- 180 g zucchini grated (weigh after squeezing)
- 150 g almond meal or almonds if using TMX Substitute sunflower seeds for nut free
- 85 g golden flax meal this recipe works better if you mill your own flax
- 30 g psyllium husk powder
- 4 eggs whisked until well aerated, light and fluffy
- 3 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs optional. Leave out for plain bread
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 110 g sour cream or substitute coconut yoghurt
- Maldon smoked sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp pepitas for topping
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a 20 x 10 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter 30 seconds in the microwave in a large bowl.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out all water. Add to butter
- Add rest of ingredients, except pepitas and combine well.
- Spoon into loaf tin gently pressing mixing into tin and smoothing top of loaf.
- Top with pepitas and bake for 15 minutes.
- Gently cover loaf in foil and return to oven to bake 25-35 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cake tray and cooling for further 45-60 minutes before slicing to serve. Makes 16-20 slices.