Keto Protein Bars – Vanilla nougat
Vanilla Protein Bar Ingredients
- Sukrin Clear Fiber syrup – there is no substitute in Australia that is low carb and works the same for this ingredient. I think of it as a keto glucose syrup. Anything you ever made made pre-keto with a glucose syrup or honey, you can pretty much make with this syrup. If you purchase buy a bundle of the syrups and the Bakers Pack.
- Isopure Whey Protein Isolate – this low sugar protein powder is amazing in sweets. A neutral flavour and gives consistent smooth results in every recipe I use it in. Yes isolate is different to concentrate and I recommend using the isolate in this keto protein bar recipe.
Making your Own Protein Bars at Home
To give you a reality check on costing out one of these bars versus what the original bar costs lets do the math. A similiar style bar costs around $5.50 retail.
A Mad Creations Nougat Bar costs $1.55 how did I calculate this. This pricing includes the cost of Sukrin Clear Fiber Syrup, one packet of Isopure Protein Powder and includes even a $20 postage fee (which is more than total costs).
It can also be considered that 1 bottle and packet of Isopure Protein Powder makes 36 bars. At this cost if you like to purchase protein bars you would be saving $3.95 per bar. Cheap eats if you ask me, plus you can even make these into smaller bars as well.
Love Low Carb Protein Bars as Much as Me?
If you love protein bars then take a look at these ones too! I am seriously a sugar free protein bar groupie!
- Walnut Cinnamon Bun Keto Protein Bars
- Butter Caramel Nougat Keto Protein Bars
- Keto Caramel Nut Chew Bar | Sugar Free
- Sugar Free Jupiter Bar | Keto Candy
- Sugar Free Keto From – Mars Bar recipe
- White Chocolate Keto Snickers Bar – sugar free
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Vanilla Nougat Keto Protein Bar – Smart Bar style
- Heat Sukrin syrup in a medium pyrex bowl in microwave for 30 seconds or until you see it start to bubble.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Using your hands really mash these ingredients until it starts to form a sticky but dry consistency.
- Press into moulds of choice or slice tray. Refrigerate until set
Love keto cookbooks and meal plans and want more? Check out our huge range in store today!