Thai Panang Chicken Curry done fast, easy, keto and delicious!
I like to keep my Panang Chicken Curry super easy but without sacrificing any flavour at all. Making a curry, a keto curry recipe is not as hard as you think. Keeping it simple and protein based helps keep the carb count low.
Thai Panang Chicken Curry Ingredients
I love simple recipes don’t you? All the ingredients in our Thai Panang Chicken Curry are pretty much ingredients you can find in your local supermarket.
- Chicken thighs. I use skinless chicken thighs in my curry as I find them are more succulent. You can use chicken breast or even chicken on the bone.
- Peanut Butter. I know some keto followers do not consume legumes. Simple omit from the recipe or add any nuts of choice.
- Panang Curry Paste. Click the link to get our homemade Panang curry paste recipe. Alternatively you can choose to use a store bought curry paste
- Sweetener is totally optional. I choose to use Sukrin Gold sweetener. I find it is not too sweet and actually adds to the sauce flavour.
- Coconut Cream. You can use cream or coconut milk. I use coconut cream over coconut milk due to the carb count. If making the Instant Pot Panang Chicken Curry I have added an additional serving of water to avoid getting a burn warning.
How to Make Panang Chicken Curry
As we have so many readers using different kitchen appliances to cook, I do try and make a few options for cooking.
Whether you want to make a Thermomix Thai Panang Chicken Curry, and Instant Pot Chicken Curry, or even a Foodie Ninja Thai Penang Chicken Curry I am trying to make every recipe adaptable for you.
Serving the Panang for me is as simple as just pouring it into a bowl. Otherwise serve it with our delicious Stuffed Hemp Naan for our Bread eBook or with Cauliflower Rice. If you need to know how to make cauliflower rice use our link.
Love Curry as Much as Me?
Maybe these keto curry recipes might also inspire you in the kitchen.
- Keto Red Curry Chicken | Chiang Mai style
- Keto Massaman Curry Chicken
- Easy Keto Curry Beef Vegetable Larb
- Simple Ketogenic Red Curry Chicken
- Saffron Chicken Korma – A low carb keto recipe
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | 365 |
Thai Panang Curry Chicken
- Instant Pot ®
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets cut into bite size cubes
- 1 tbsp peanut butter optional
- 2 tbsp Panang Curry Paste click link for recipe
- 2 tbsp sweetener I use Sukrin Gold
- 250 g coconut milk
- 2 tsp gluten free fish sauce
- 1 green onion thinly sliced to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over moderate heat. Once hot; fry chicken, (work in batches if need be, to avoid overfilling pan), until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through. Serve with sliced green onion and cauliflower rice.
- Place oil, peanut butter, and Panang Curry Paste into the mixer; cook 4 min/100°C/stir/MC off.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook 20 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1. Serve with sliced green onion and cauliflower rice.
INSTANT POT® METHOD
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté High Heat. Heat the oil and fry the chicken in batches until lightly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook. Add a quarter of a cup of water and Pressure Cook for 4 minutes/quick release. Serve with sliced green onion and cauliflower rice.
Your Own Notes
Love keto cookbooks and low carb meal planning? Check out our store for loads of resources.
This is such a tasty and quick recipe. Moved the serving slide for just my husband and I (2 serves) and had all the ingredients on hand! didn’t use the chillies. Served with steamed vegetables. Just delicious AND satisfying. Thank you Megan.
So happy you enjoyed it
My favorite so far, delicious flavours, and have 2 batches of paste left over for next cookup.
Hi, I would love to know a substitute for the peanuts if there is one as I have a nut allergy.
Hi Jen, with the paste just leave the nugts out completely. In the actual curry add some tahini in place of the peanut butter and the dish will be fabulous.
Hi, would you have a Substitute suggestion for coconut as I have a coconut allergy.
Hi Jen, just use cream, sour cream or yoghurt and it will be just as delicious.
Family loved this meal.
That is so great Kylie. Thanks for the review and I am so happy you and the family loved the curry.
I didnt make the paste hot enough – will add more chillies next time – really flavourful dish
This was so easy and a real winner with my super fussy family, will be on regular rotation, especially as the curry paste makes enough to freeze for another day
Thanks Jan. So glad you enjoy it x
Maybe I’m missing it in the recipe, but what are the crispy looking strand that you put on top of this? Makes it looks fancy and if I serve it to friends I’d love to do the same.
Hey Chris, It is just angel hair dried chilli.
2nd time in a week that we have had this for dinner. So delicious…: thanks for such a tasty recipe that’s quick and easy..