Sugar Free Keto Sesame Snaps
These sugar free Keto Sesame Snaps came about purely out wanting to recreate a favourite old occasional snack that I absolutely loved.
If you know the little packets of sesame snaps I am talking about you will possibly know how tasty they really are. I find it really ironic that the original product is quite often found in the health food aisle in the supermarket.
I mean really what is healthy in those at all? Anyway, I was totally inspired and just thought I would have myself a go and see how keto sesame snaps would turn out. Whether it was going to end up hard or soft didn’t really matter as I was sure it would taste good. Boy was I right!
Tips on making Keto Sesame Snaps
I have made this sesame snap recipe quite a few times, and it has worked beautifully each time. The thing you need to be careful with just like any toffee or praline is cooking it to the right timing that it will actually set hard. Even going by a candy thermometer, I still find that around that 150℃ the toffee is ready. You can tell by the colour and smell (it starts to get that “caramelly” toasted smell). It is then that you add your butter and bi -carb.
The sesame snaps continue to harden for hours after, and they . will go firmer in the fridge as well.
Keto Sesame Snap Variations
Now I know that this keto sesame snaps recipe can be created with all kinds of flavours running through that toffee. You could easily flavour it up with any extract (licorice would be off the chain). Liquid Stevia (butterscotch) and/or spices. I have used nutmeg, and a cinnamon one today, but there is no limits! Substitute some of the sesame seeds for shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas, or crushed almonds. Coat it in chocolate and dust it in nuts. It also makes a great gift, bagged up with a bit of ribbon and a tag. It is actually even great for the kids lunchboxes as it is nut free!
I do hope you love this recipe and give it a go. Yes it does contain Sukrin products but just like many of our keto baking products you will need to order online for now.
There is a fabulous Bakers Pack available to purchase that will help you stock up. Unfortunately there is nothing remotely compliant in keto substitutes for the Sukrin fiber syrup.
For more recipes featuring Sukrin you can check out my Sukrin Recipes Post for all the links to my recipes using the sweetener and what is coming up!
To check out more recipes, action and even the little video I shot I have these little babies “snapping” join us on Facebook @Mad Creations
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Sugar Free Keto Sesame Snaps
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- salt flakes for a salted caramel
- extracts eg. licorice, maple, pistacho
- Place sweetener, fiber syrup, salt, and water into a large saucepan over medium heat and cook until sweetener is dissolved.
- Stir in sesame seeds.
- Cook, stirring often until mix goes a delicious caramel colour, approximately 5 to 10 minutes or until temp reaches 150℃, testing with a candy thermometer. Remove from heat immediately when you see it start to go dark caramel and you can smell the change in the mix.
- Add vanilla and butter.
- Stir 30 seconds and then carefully stir in baking soda. (baking soda causes the mixture to foam)
- Pour mix onto thermomat or oiled baking tray (no paper). Spread out to desired thickness. Leave to cool and harden.
- Break into pieces or score gently with the tip of a knife to cut into shapes. Store in airtight container in cool place or refrigerator.
Check out our huge range of ketogenic diet cookbooks in store at https://madcreationshub.com/shop