Sugar Free Keto From – Mars Bar recipe
Well I guess if anyone was to attempt a great version of a Keto Mars Bar I would begrudgingly put up my hand…. YEAH RIGHT!
It is perfection! Truly keto confectionary at its best. To be honest I barely can tell any difference from the keto Mars Bar to the original.
If you have tried my various protein bars… Vanilla Nougat Bar, or my Chocolate Caramel Slice, you will know that I love recreating old school favourites with the Sukrin products. On the ketogenic diet you do not have to give up sweets. You just need to learn how to make them sugar-free.
If you need to stock up I totally recommend the Bakers Pack, Sukrin put the pack together just for us and I gave it its name lol. The pack contains all the ingredients I use in this recipe and my many other recipes.
How to make a Keto Mars Bar
- I choose to use Isopure WPI as it has a neutral flavour, no carbs and works perfectly in each of my recipes. Substitute a pea protein isolate for dairy free or other WPI’s. Add the protein powder by the tablespoon and mix well. Many other protein powders are more absorbent and can make the mix drier or crumblier.
- Sukrin Australia is the only retailer of Sukrin products. The syrups both in clear and gold are a great substitute for honey or glucose syrup and maple syrup or golden syrup. I also love the range of other sweeteners including a fabulous icing sugar substitute Sukrin Melis, and the Sukrin Gold granular, which is a rich caramel flavoured sweetener similar to brown sugar. You can order through this link here.
- Vitawerx Milk Chocolate is absolutely delicious! Available in both milk chocolate and white chocolate it is as close as you can get to eating the real thing but with ZERO sugar. Use the links here to purchase online.
This keto Mars bar recipe has been created to be included in an up-coming book Keto Eats that is available now for sale.
I have decided to put this keto Mars Bar recipe out on the website as there is currently nothing quite like this recipe and so many on my lovely Facebook community gave it a huge thumbs up to go ahead and make it.
If you love this Keto Mars Bar recipe then please share the link EVERYWHERE!!!! I think it is a “hum-dinger” of a recipe that most keto followers will love to be able to make.
Watch this video on how to perfect the Keto Mars Bar caramel!
Want more recipes like the Keto Mars Bar?
Try some of these fab bars available now
- White Chocolate Snickers
- Vanilla Nougat Bar
- Butter Caramel Nougat Bar
- Cinnamon and Walnut Nougat Bar
- Mint Slice Biscuits
- Iced Vovo Biscuits
Interested in keto cookbooks?
Click to browse the SHOP now!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
The Keto From-Mars Bar
- 200 g Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup click link for only Australian supplier
- 60 g butter
- 80 g thickened cream
- 140 g Sugar Free Milk Chocolate or dark chocolate (see recipe notes)
I used a silicone bar mould that is now expired. A silicone large icecube tray would be perfect for 32 x 4cm mars bites.
- Place clear syrup and chocolate in large pyrex bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine and melt chocolate.
- Combine chocolate mix with WPI and MCT oil and mix until combined. With a gloved hand massage mix until it is no longer grainy.
- Spoon or break off pieces and push into moulds (will make 32 x 4cm moulds)
- Place all caramel ingredients into a large pyrex bowl. Heat on high for 3 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave stir mixture and return to microwave. Continue to heat at 1-2 minute intervals until mixture looks very bubbly when you take out and when stir becomes thicker and more viscose. At this point you will definitely smell a caramel scent.
- Carefully spoon the hot caramel into your moulds. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt chocolate and thinly coat each mars bar.