Keto Creme Caramel | Sugar free custard
Would you believe it if I said this sugar free keto creme caramel tastes even better than it looks.
When I was deciding what to make for something sweet and new for everyone a keto creme caramel popped into mind and was in the oven about 20 minutes later. It also gave me a reason to make the caramel. The caramel sauce is just so amazing and makes this rather easy sugar free custard over the top good.
How to make the Caramel
The ingredients are simple
- Sukrin Fibre Syrup – for us Aussies there is no real substitutes available to us that are a low carb sweetener. However, for those in the US you can also use Vitafibre syrup or Fibreyum.
- Cream – thickened or heavy cream
Cook all ingredients for 4 minutes in the microwave. I use a 750w microwave. Or simmer gently over moderate heat on the stove.
For those of you wondering about substitutes for Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup, there isn’t really anything like it that is going to be low carb. Basically it is like golden syrup but suitable for a Ketogenic diet. I have loads of recipes using the products as I find it works just the same as sugar or golden syrup would in a standard recipe.
Note: The caramel can be cooked for up to 7 minutes to make a firmer caramel for slices or protein balls
How to make the Keto Custard
Oh this is where this keto creme caramel is such a good one for anyone to make. Get the kids to help you in the kitchen if they love cooking as it is a simple mix and pour. Of all my my keto custard recipes this has to be the easiest of all.
250 ml (8fl.oz) Heavy or thickened cream
100 g (3.5 oz) sweetener, I use Sukrin:1
2 eggs and 1 yolk, I always use room temperature eggs and jumbo size
Whisk all ingredients well and pour into ramekins with the caramel sauce in the bottom. Add the ramekins to a baking pan and pour boiling water around them.
Bake 30 minutes. Perfection!
More delicious desserts
Want more tasty recipe like our keto creme caramel? Here are just a few of mine
- Lush Macadamia Keto Ice Cream
- Sugar- Free Keto From Mars Bar
- Chocolate Keto Caramel Slice
- Keto Caramel Basque Cheesecake Slice
- Keto New York Baked Cheesecake
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Sugar Free Keto Creme Caramel
- 30 g butter
- 85 g Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup click link for Aussie supplier
- 50 g thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250 ml thickened cream
- 100 g Sukrin : 1 or sweetener of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- seeds of one vanilla bean
- Place all caramel ingredients into large glass bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir. Repeat at intervals until you have a thick heavy caramel. (Be careful with hot caramel to not burn yourself)
- Spoon 2 tbsp of caramel into the bottom of 4 x 200ml sized ramekins. Place into a large lasagne pan and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Fill a kettle with water and put onto boil.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Pour evenly into each ramekin over caramel sauce
- Pour boiling water into lasagne pan being careful not to splash inside the custard. Pour until half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 30 minutes. Custard should be set but slightly yielding to the touch. Add extra time if required.
- To serve run a knife around the edge and up end onto plate.
Check out all our Keto cookbooks and more keto beginners information in store today with our huge range of over 25 ketogenic cookbooks.