Smokey Bacon Jam – sugar free keto recipe
I can’t remember when the whole “bacon jam” thing started but I had to give a Smokey Bacon Jam a whirl as soon as I could.
Bacon jam, I mean what is not to love. Sticky, smokey, bacony goodness! Seriously soon you will be adding this, seriously amazing sugar free jam to everything you are eating.
I totally kept this easy for you with all the ingredients available in the supermarket. Even for the sweetener I have just used raspberries so no fancy sweeteners either!
- 80 g onion
- 350 g speck or plain bacon rashers
- 30 g butter
- 10 g gluten free tamari – or coconut aminos
- 30 g raspberries
- 20 g yellow mustard
- 30 ml shot of espresso coffee
- 10 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli optional extra
BACON JAM VARIATIONS
Below is my smokey bacon jam made with come chorizo added as well. If there is one thing I love just as equally as bacon it is chorizo. I always find chorizo whether fresh or dried it always adds a load of extra flavour.
I have completely omitted any sweetener other than berries in this particular recipe. You can however add any sweetener you wish.
I am sure 1-2 tablespoons of the Sukrin Gold sweetener would give a lovely caramel flavour and also work to caramelise your onions. Damn! Now I need to try that too. What I do love though is this recipe does suit a lot dietary styles. By using the raspberries I have not only kept this a low carb keto jam recipe, but it is also a paleo bacon jam recipe. No thickeners or sweeteners other than a little bit of fruit.
CONNECT WITH OUR AWESOME KETO COMMUNITY
Join our fabulous keto community on multiple channels and get support from others following the keto lifestyle.
Smokey Bacon Jam – Sugar free Keto Recipe
- Place onions into mixer bowl. Chop 3 sec/ speed 5
- Add speck and butter. Cook 10 min / 100℃/ reverse /soft
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook 20-30 minutes / 100℃ / reverse /soft / MC off with rice basket on top to stop splattering. Store in an airtight jar.
- Place onion and butter into saucepan over medium heat
- Saute until onion starts to soften. Add bacon and cook until bacon starts to crisp up a little and gets golden
- Add remaining ingredients, stir intermittently, and cook until reduced and "jammy"
- Store in sterilised jar with lid
- To ramp up the flavour of this jam add 80g of diced chorizo as well for a super meaty smokey jam.
- The jam can be frozen.
- You can use regular bacon rashers in this recipe, but I find the recipe works best with a chunkier bacon consistency.