Smokey Bacon Jam – sugar free keto recipe
Smokey Bacon Jam is something you really need to try! This is an old recipe of mine that has been adapted for a sugar free version that you all will love!
I can’t remember when the whole “bacon jam” thing started but I had to give it a whirl as soon as I learned of its existence. Bacon jam, I mean what is not to love. Sticky, smokey, bacony goodness! Seriously soon you will be adding this to everything you are eating. As you can see by my picture, on a burger it is a fabulous topper.
Bacon Jam Variations
Below is my my bacon jam made with come chorizo added as well. If there is one thing I love just as equally as bacon it is chorizo. I always find chorizo whether fresh or dried it always adds a load of extra flavour. I have completely omitted any sweetener other than berries in this particular recipe. You can however add any sweetener you wish. I am sure a tbsp or 2 of the Sukrin Gold sweetener would give a lovely caramel flavour and also work to caramelise your onions. Damn! Now I need to try that too.
Do you rate my Bacon Jam?
If you love this recipe then please rate below. We all love to hear whether a recipe is worth making before we invest our time and ingredients to test it out blindly for ourselves. I guess I now need to make a batch and test out a little bit of sweetener to see what a caramel version will taste like. Thanks for checking out this recipe. Please let me know how you go.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Smokey Bacon Jam - Sugar free Keto Recipe
- 80 g onion diced
- 350 g speck sliced into lardons
- 30 g butter
- 10 g tamari I use gluten free
- 30 g raspberries
- 20 g yellow mustard
- 30 ml shot of espresso coffee
- 10 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli optional extra
- Mince onions in Thermomix® or food processor 3 seconds / speed 5
- Add speck and butter
- Cook 10 minutes / 100℃/ reverse /soft
- Add rest of ingredients
- Cook 20 minutes / 100℃ / reverse /soft / MC off with rice basket on top to stop splattering
- Increase cooking time if moisture has not been cooked off.
- Keep in a sterilised jar with lid.
- Place onion and butter into saucepan over medium heat
- Saute until onion starts to soften, then add bacon lardons and cook until bacon starts to crisp up a little and gets golden
- Add rest of ingredients, stir intermittently, and cook until reduced and "jammy"
- Store in sterilised jar with lid
- This can be used on burgers, toast with cheese and crackers, eggs....what am I saying? Its Bacon Jam! Eat with EVERYTHING!
- To ramp up the flavour of this jam add 80g of diced chorizo as well for a super meaty smokey jam.
- The jam can be frozen.
- You can use regular bacon rashers in this recipe, but I find the recipe works best with a chunkier bacon consistency.