Sausage Stuffed Roast Pork Loin
This was my interpretation of the voting poll winner for a Mad Creations SausageStuffed Roast Pork Loin.
Roast pork loin is a little less forgiving when baking as it is a lot less fatty, so I dealt with this in a simple way….I stuffed the sucker with sausage, haha! Top it all off with some Dirty Gravy and serve with some Cauliflower Dauphinoise
Truth be told I love lean pork, so this was an easy piece of meat to work with.
I hope you enjoy
Have you connected with us yet?
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Mad Creations Sausage Stuffed Roast Pork Loin
- 1.5 kg pork loin butterflied
- 3 spiced sausages of choice I used Beak and Sons Gourmet Sausages
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp za'atar seasoning
- Smoked sea salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220℃
- Butterfly your pork, you do this by inserting a filleting knife from the back end of the loin cap, and running it along about an 1.5 cm thick through the meaty part of the loin until you have a large meat flat surface
- Season the pork meat surface with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl remove the skins of the sausages and mix then mince with fennel and za'atar
- Slather on your stuffing mix to the seasoned pork, and roll your pork tightly and secure with kitchen twine in 3-4 areas
- Score your pork skin and rub with oil and smoked sea salt
- Place into oven for 25 minutes or until your pork skin has just started to harden
- Turn the oven down to 190℃
- Cook for a further 50 - 60 minutes, or 45 minutes per kg
- Allow to rest for 25 minutes before cutting to serve